• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Hi-Fi fj-52 color drop out

SignFact

Hello, I'm new to this forum and would appreciate any guidance on the subject of a printing problem.

Bought a used Roland hi-fi jet fj-52 a few months ago and it has worked just fine until a couple of days ago. Test print show the cyan and magenta have dropped out. Have done the routine of cleaning the heads and the cartridges have plenty of ink still. Not sure what my next step should be. Any suggestions?

CS-SignSupply

More than likely need to replace the capping station - about $80

And possibly the dampers if they have not been changed.

What ink are you running?

artbot

when you say "drop out", do you mean disappeared, or the test pattern is looking bad. i have a capping station on my fj-50 that is over 12 years old. they don't go out to easily in that the ink is basically glycol ether and pigment.

to diagnose, first figure out if your dampers are bad. don't just change dampers out. put black inkline/damper on a non printing head adapter and put a yellow inkline/damper on another and see if that nonprinting color positions suddenly starts printing black and yellow and then report the results.