• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland HTM Heat Transfer Material

WCSign

So I finally decided to buy a roll and test it out in my versacamm.

I'm impressed, its durable, looks crisp and clean, doesn't feel extremely thick and thusfar it has worn very well.

8-9 laundry cycles later (high heat, no inside out), the feel is worn in, it feels better after a few washes. The print definition is exactly the same. No signs of peeling, and ive stretched and streched but have yet to make a print crack.

I dont recommend anything that needs much weeding, thats a pain... of course I dont like weeding anyways.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• MF-SR-CLOSEUP.jpg
    MF-SR-CLOSEUP.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 352
  • ARMY-GREEN-CLOSEUP.jpg
    ARMY-GREEN-CLOSEUP.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 357

Cyw

I'm not a big fan but when we do use it, I usually mask first and then weed......seems to be more manageable.
We do it that way (backwards) when using the SM low heat stuff for vinyl and leather too

Di

WCSign

That idea popped in my head but I brushed it off lol..

Good to hear that it works, ill try it, thanks!

ironchef

On imprintables solvent media and my mild solvent inks, i only waited like a minute before cutting, and like 5 minutes before applying transfer., immediately going to get pressed

Jackpine

I have tried many and find Sihl 4578 T-Printz™ Universal Dark Fabric Transfer or Sihl 4578 T-Printz™ Universal Light Fabric Transfer works the best. Holds color and no cracking with cold wash and no bleach. This material can be printed with aqueous pigment ink or solvent. The dark is thinner and has a good "hand".

GRIMREAPER

Ive tried the Flex Tattoo but the colors are way off when I print onto the material. I've used their recomended settings but still a bit dull. How were the colors on the Roland Material and the Sihl material?

WCSign

I waited no time to cut and apply on some, and ive got some that have been sitting a few days that im applying tomorrow, I cant really tell the difference.

Im not a super picky judge on colors, but they look good to me, exactly what I would expect.. I havenet tried and bright RGB or metallic stuff yet though

mc916

I just got a roll of this heatsoft martial. Please let me know what temp and time you guys are using.

w2csa

If you have a solid image have you tried applying without the recomended masking?
If so do you use protective paper or teflon on top?
Thanks

Cyw

You can't use the Roland film without some sort of transfer mask......it's too thin and stretchy.
You'd need to use something more substantial like Express print, Quick print or Colorprint. Glitter works well too without a transfer sheet
If you have a smallish solid piece of a thicker vinyl you can manually remove it (if you really want to) and you can then use Teflon, a piece of Kraft paper or a texturizing sheet as your cover sheet.

It wouldnt be advisable to use a thinner media, like the Roland stuff or Siser's PU. Even if you struggled getting it off the carrier, you'd still be left with a distorted image.

synergy_jim

we have used the htm and the siser evo stuff.... no matter what, we let it sit overnight then cut it.... the siser is a little more flexible and feels more like a rubber.