• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Ink Costs question.

Jim Hill

I am paying $65.00 dollars for a 220 Eco Sol Max inks. The reason I am not using the 440 cartage is because of a problem with space where the printer is located.

I am trying to figure out the costs for each 4" x 4" decal I make and would like to hear from others on the costs per item.

I know there are many different variable that go into this but I need to find an average to determent the costs for the product.

The costs for the vinyl was easy to figure out but the ink is a little more difficult.

Thanks for any help you can offer. Jim

untitled

One way you could do it is in Versaworks after you add the file it will show the amount of ink used in cc's, 1cc equals 1ml. So then you can figure it out from there with your cost per cartridge and amount in the cartridge.

I have also read somewhere, on this site I think, that it cost about $0.33/sq ft. So you could figure it out that way as well.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Do you use VersaWorks? If so, it shows ink usage for the print. Take the sf area (8") and say it uses 4cc of total ink. 4 cartridges @ $65 = $260.00 / 880cc = $29.5/cc

4 cc x 29.5 = $1.18

Jim Hill

ColorRip software

Sorry I forgot mention that I am using ColorRip which I have been using for years with no problems.

Roland must supply an average cost per square foot which I could then use to figure out an average cost per item based on it's size.

Jim

TXFB.INS

One way you could do it is in Versaworks after you add the file it will show the amount of ink used in cc's, 1cc equals 1ml. So then you can figure it out from there with your cost per cartridge and amount in the cartridge.

I have also read somewhere, on this site I think, that it cost about $0.33/sq ft. So you could figure it out that way as well.

This, VersaWorks will give you an estimated ink usage ratio and you can go from there.

We use Caldera and this also gives you an estimate cost for the inks

however, you will also need to take into account the ink that is used for cleaning, (both manual and automatic) ink in the lines, and the ink left in the cartridges after they are "emptied"
granted it may be overkill, we have always worked a cost of $0.50/sq ft for our Roland Printers to ensure that we cover all of the ink cost

guitarguy69

The rip you are using may have a cost estimater built in, check for that. If you have the file I can enter it into our software and check it.