• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Ink melting

joseph T

Help!!! Has anyone ever heard of your ink cartriages disolving on the ends or possibly melting.This has happened twice to me now! Ive talked to a couple of roland techs and they say that they have never heard of such a thing! I have a roland sc500 print cut machine its about 8 yrs old.It has a heater on it but as far as i can tell its not the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!:thankyou:

nutrends

are you referring to when the cartridge is in the machine and you go to pull it out and it is fused together in the printer? I have an xc-540 as well, and this happened to me once. Think the problem for us was that the cartridge wasn't put in fully and the ink leaked from the nipple and fused together.

never heard of anything like that happening!
when you pull the cartridge out, is it full of ink thats been fused on the end, or is it the plastic from the cartrgide thats fused to the inside of the printer? like if that side got to hot? i can ask my tech about it if you like.

scuba_steve2699

It is being seen on the new VS series due to the daily removal and shaking of the cartridges. There is a new firmware that corrects this.