• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Ink Scam?

JasonMeisnerSTS

Hmmm...... we seem to be having a problem in comprehension on someone's part, here.
I'm not saying I want to try your inks. You made a bold statement that your inks are TRUE OEM replacements. I asked is that in every sense of the word T R U E and OEM ??

Don't be trying to sell me something, until you can tell me if your inks are exactly like OEM or what ??

So, we'll try this again. Are your inks truly OEM replacements in every respect of the word ?? Not output, but the ink itself.

Truthfully, I didn't make a post to get into a debate with you about dissecting a couple of words. That being said, the ink itself performs and is designed to be a chemical match to the OEM inks. Of course I don't have the same exact formulation as Roland/Mutoh/Mimaki, etc, but the inks in terms of the ink itself replaces OEM ink. It performs as the OEM inks perform; In some cases, better depending on what inks we are talking about.

Anyway, hope this helped clarify a little, not trying to be confrontational here. Have a great day.

ProPDF

Truthfully, I didn't make a post to get into a debate with you about dissecting a couple of words. That being said, the ink itself performs and is designed to be a chemical match to the OEM inks. Of course I don't have the same exact formulation as Roland/Mutoh/Mimaki, etc, but the inks in terms of the ink itself replaces OEM ink. It performs as the OEM inks perform; In some cases, better depending on what inks we are talking about.

Anyway, hope this helped clarify a little, not trying to be confrontational here. Have a great day.

Jason don't stress it...A Gino is a rogue ForumBot Fred forgot the password too. It will not make substantive thread titles or post without ending in the infamous series of clickbait .........., it boast about making $19,000 on a 440 cartridge as an example. It insults other members for even questioning a manufacture ink claims and leads most threads in a downward off topic spiral of insults. Leading some members with a bad taste of the community. Just ignore it and never respond to it as it gets worse and worse. If you don't believe me just google "Gino"

Urban Dictionary: gino

gino
A term which is most commonly known to teenagers and adults alike in the G.T.A. (Greater Toronto Area) in Canada. The term refers to an Italian (or one of Southern European descent, ie. Greek or Armenian) male who is from Canada and not from the country of their ancestry. A typical gino enjoys lively techno music (deemed "gino beats"), wears tight or sporty clothing (some brands include Adidas, Puma, Kappa and Diesel), likes small and sporty European cars, wears his hair spiked or curly and is supposedly of little or no intellect.

However, this term is very limited as it often applies to people who do not wish to be called ginos or are not considered to be ginos by the "true" ones. Also, it must be stated that there are several people who can be given the characteristics of a gino but are not at all unintelligent. Whether you believe you are or someone you know is a gino, is up to you. Just don't judge too harshly.

ProPDF

Now cue the stupid hand drawing ...............................................................................

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
OEM means: Original Equipment Manufacturer. The term OEM is applied to suppliers and manufacturers that supply or manufacture a component or consumable that is re-branded to the vendor's brand.

For example: Many printer vendors do not make their own inks -- they are subbed out to an OEM and re-branded.

For the JasonMeisnerSTS to be able to claim to be able to supply OEM inks, he would necessarily have to be the actual manufacturer of the inks sold under the brand name of the printer vendor, be it Roland, or whatever.

Otherwise, if he is not that manufacturer, then his inks would be called aftermarket inks, even if they do surpass the quality of the OEM inks.

In short, the term OEM is not a designation of quality, it is a designation of source and process and materials.

<edit>
Please note: it is possible to obtain an OEM product that is sold under a different name -- provided it is the same product made by the same manufacturer that originally supplied the product for the original vendor.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Jason don't stress it...A Gino is a rogue ForumBot Fred forgot the password too. It will not make substantive thread titles or post without ending in the infamous series of clickbait .........., it boast about making $19,000 on a 440 cartridge as an example. It insults other members for even questioning a manufacture ink claims and leads most threads in a downward off topic spiral of insults. Leading some members with a bad taste of the community. Just ignore it and never respond to it as it gets worse and worse. If you don't believe me just google "Gino"

Urban Dictionary: gino

gino
A term which is most commonly known to teenagers and adults alike in the G.T.A. (Greater Toronto Area) in Canada. The term refers to an Italian (or one of Southern European descent, ie. Greek or Armenian) male who is from Canada and not from the country of their ancestry. A typical gino enjoys lively techno music (deemed "gino beats"), wears tight or sporty clothing (some brands include Adidas, Puma, Kappa and Diesel), likes small and sporty European cars, wears his hair spiked or curly and is supposedly of little or no intellect.

However, this term is very limited as it often applies to people who do not wish to be called ginos or are not considered to be ginos by the "true" ones. Also, it must be stated that there are several people who can be given the characteristics of a gino but are not at all unintelligent. Whether you believe you are or someone you know is a gino, is up to you. Just don't judge too harshly.

One problem, my name actually is Gino.

Quite a clever attempt, but ask me if I care.

I wonder what I would find on your name ??

C

ColoPrinthead

I got burned pretty bad using some after market dye-sub inks when I was in Dallas years back, Our suppliers out of Utah got sued for their black formula and starting shipping the new formula, without mentioning it; needless to say we noticed pretty quickly when all of fabric profiles went to hell and the black came out brown.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, like ColoP just said..... you can get into trouble using these aftermarket inks. Ya wanna use them, go ahead, but I've heard more horror stories than not.

For the most part, your printers are built around the ink formulated for them. From the consistencies, to the chemicals and the temperature allowances. These things are all patented and very highly guarded.

So, if your printer is set up for heat temperatures at a certain point..... no other manufacturer's product may match it or even get close. Therefore, they hafta change the recipe to work in your particular machine. Not what I call TRUE OEM products. So, when someone asks on this forum..... my particular machine is not performing right, it's puddling, not curing, shifting colors, whatever....... the first thing everyone says is, play with your profiles, play with your heat settings and play with whatever you have..... just play with it. Now, your OEM inks will take that, because they are made to go one way or another to a certain point, but if the 3rd party inks are running at full steam, they can give you lesser results. Busted lines, due to chemical differences, color shifts and so many other things.

Hence, why I asked my original question, cause unless someone is breaking patents, it can't be true OEM replacements.

This is the case from thermal printers, dye-sub and particularly solvent or mild solvent inks. As for latex machines, I haven't heard of anything about this problem.

So, under ideal conditions, your 3rd party inks will probably work, but not always the case. That's why it's very important to weigh the various outcomes to outlays later on.