• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Ink Warning!! Yellow Cartrages Containg Magenta ink!

sdodson1

Guys and Gals I wanted to share this batch number with you. I received a new eco-sol max cartage marked yellow but when I installed it yesterday it filled the lines with magenta! Check your stock. My local supplier had a tech here at 8 AM to replace and correct the problem at Roland's expense. Just wanted to pass it on!

Attachments

• 20140930_114802_resized.jpg
    20140930_114802_resized.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 109

DravidDavid

Thanks!

Will be going through our yellow carts right now to double check. One has just gone in a machine! :omg:

Probably not affected though.
EDIT: Nope! Nothing. Will be looking at future orders though!

phototec

So what does Roland have to say about this snafu?

Is it a RARE occurrence were someone accidently attached the wrong label, or is this a MAJOR problem were an entire batch is wrong, and they need to do a major RECALL?

Roland what do you have to say about this????????

:doh:

Last edited:

Bly

Roland says "use only OEM inks cos 3rd party inks can damage your machine".

player

Roland says "Don't buy a 64" T-Jet printer with a DX7 print head and a take-up reel for $3,200."

sdodson1

I didn't have to speak to Roland direct but Graphic Solutions has reported it to them. They had a case with 4 out already.(DFW) GSG was awesome and had seen it once before. They sent a tech the next morning and flushed and cleaned the system. They replaced dampers and cap and made sure everything was fine before leaving. I am sure we will see a bulletin soon. The work was performed yesterday. It just cost me a days production on that machine which runs nothing but dye cut work.

sdodson1

Lol. Isn't that ironic. At least with bulk ink you can see the color of the ink you're using.

That being said....think of all the thousands of carts that are used by members here and that's the first time I've heard of the ink being wrong.

I'll keep an eye out when we buy more Y ink, thanks for the head's up.

No problem! I didn't want anyone else to lose money! At least Roland paid this time and not me! LOL!