• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland issue

Ashley348

Hi all, I just got the Roland vg2-540 printer/cutter and it was printing just fine with all the colors, now my greys have a hint of orange? And my blues are no where near blue. It was working perfect with color. I did run a test print to make sure all the colors were good and they came back perfect. I did a normal clean and then cleaned the heads and the whipper. I love what this machine is capable of but it’s giving me so many issues! Any help is greatly appreciated

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Do you have any pictures? (Of what it's looking like, the nozzle test, maybe a photo of the bottom of the print heads and the cap tops)

Last edited:

Dale D

Try a different profile. I had 4 service calls, new heads, dampers, and more. Even anti static strips. Including my tech having Roland on the phone. We dried different profile and the problem disappeared. My new VF2-640 would band real bad in black and occasionally mess up colors.
When I bought mine, they didnt have many media profiles so I was forced to use the Roland DGA profiles and siince I no longer use them, my problem went away.
We found it by complete accident.

Last edited:

Dale D

Yes I had better luck with the Generic vs Roland DGA types (DGA was the ones I had issues with - even on DGA vinyl that the tech brought). I since have downloaded new profiles as they add them to Rolands site with even better quality. Eventually, I want my own XRite and tweak the profiles as needed.

Patentagosse

90% of all my prints are printed with this formula. Large part of all my prints are on Oracal 3751GPS / 3M IJ180SLE / Avery 2903EZ with the same amazing results. Bright colors (that match and, great ink coverage (solid color, like a real piece of color vinyl)

Attachments

• Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 165

Patentagosse

*After testing the same file with 5 different profiles, I came back to the 1st one mentioned above. I'm picky for colors...

Patentagosse

The only time I've had color issues is simply because the tech never told me about shaking the cartridges once a week, even more important on the Orange. My reds were faded, my oranges turned peach / salmon... All the nozzles were firing right but the testprint lines are so small I didn't noticed the orange was kinda diluted... the ink pigment were "separated" from carrier (solvent) meaning I was printing with maybe half of the color pigments. After flushing the line, replacing the cartridge by a new one (anyway printer was about to beep on the old one) and shaking it well this time, everything went back to normal. If you haven't shaked your cartridges for a while, I bet you problem starts there. Just my 0.02