• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland - J-star Ink?

zmatalucci

I stick to roland ink. Never any problems, and I more than cover my ink costs in my pricing.
The nominal savings isn't worth it to me.

Hwy

Warranty period is past on my Roland so I thought I'd give them a try. Ordered my first set last week. 440ml for less that the price of OEM 220's.
I'll post my findings when I've used them for awhile.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Pls see link http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44754&highlight=fieldcenter

look under comments of gnemmas & Biker Scout.

Rob from SignRite: ok, I've been using the new inks for a few days and so far so good. Nice colors. Very saturated like you said.

We have several other signs101 members who are using our ink. Ink i sproven good working! 100% eBay feedback ( fieldcenter_merchant)

Promotion:
Roland: Bulk system with four liters ink $280 shipped
Mimaki: bulk system with four liters ink $280 shipped
Mutoh: bulk system with four liters ink $500 shipped

Limited Quantity Only-

Francis Kao
Fieldcenter Inc
(949)209-7306
sales@fieldcenterusa.com

KevSign

I am now switch to JetbetUSA ink form my Roland ProII 745, was using triangle ink. With JetbestUSA ink so far I can print better black ink wider gammut all color, mess up profile if my customer reorder with PMS color match, but new job no broblem. I been using triangle when first bought machine, was pay $149 Triangle MLD per lite now new setup only $69 - $90 per lite.
Any questions let me know and hope this help.

Hwy

Warranty period is past on my Roland so I thought I'd give them a try. Ordered my first set last week. 440ml for less that the price of OEM 220's.
I'll post my findings when I've used them for awhile.

7 weeks since I made the switch to J-Star ink and these are my impressions:

The Good
1. No fuss no mess change-over. Installed without flushing.
2. Colors are fairly close to OEM and only required minimal color profiling. All profiles were consistent in change across the board from media to media.
3. Super fast drying times.
4. Nice rich black
5. Excellent packaging and quick delivery
6. Super tech advise

The Bad
Stronger odor than OEM. Open the windows or use a fan.
2. Chips not installed on carts.
3. No chipped 220ml carts available when I ordered.

If your warranty has expired and willing to save 50% on inks, call Francis Kao at Fieldcenter and give the J-Star brand inks a try, you may be pleasantly surprised.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We're no longer a merchant member. Please delete my message if violated any regulation.

Correct, we will soon have 0 smell solvent in stock. Cost will be slightly high. Excellent ink to use.

F.

cdiesel

When changing inks to a hotter formula, you've got to clean the machine a little more. We clean ours daily due to the volume we run through them, but weekly or twice weekly cleanings should be sufficient for most shops.
We run Triangle inks on bulk systems and absolutely love them. More odor, but just because "eco-solvent" inks don't smell as bad doesn't mean they're not bad for you. ALL solvent inks release VOCs during outgassing/drying.

badalakis

Using J-inks

When changing inks to a hotter formula, you've got to clean the machine a little more. We clean ours daily due to the volume we run through them, but weekly or twice weekly cleanings should be sufficient for most shops.
We run Triangle inks on bulk systems and absolutely love them. More odor, but just because "eco-solvent" inks don't smell as bad doesn't mean they're not bad for you. ALL solvent inks release VOCs during outgassing/drying.
Dear Sir Hi!
How can I know what's hotter formula?

cdiesel

By hotter I mean they have more aggressive solvents. The hotter solvents allow the ink to bite better into the material (and maybe different types of material), dry quicker, and usually last longer. The downside is the odor, and possibly more VOCs.
For instance, Triangle MLD inks contain more/different solvents than OEM Roland Eco-SOL Max inks do.

The aggressive solvents in Triangle are very hard on the printer seals...there are tiny o-rings in the ink lines that are the first to go...and the o-rings are over $3.00 EACH...and there are 5 o-rings each ink line. We are replacing the whole set in a 6 color printer right now...not fun, not easy, and NOT CHEAP to do...especially with the down time incurred.

R08

Just got in the new J-star inks. (thanks Francis) The smell is actually a lot better.
The previous batch was giving me headaches. Hopefully these won't.

I'll let you know what I think of them after I've used them a bit.

benjercorp

No odor means no ciclohexanon which is the mayor additive to bite better into the material
if no ciclohexanon means less odor less cancerous it's a proven formula ... you should try Tech Ink ....

Hwy

4 month follow up on J-Star Inks from Fieldcenter

As of today (Sept 14th) all is well with the inks and have encountered no ill effects of running the J-Star brand.
Perhaps one more manual cleaning per week than with OEM ink but that's it. Colors are bright, especially the greens and reds.

One added benefit of these inks if that the black is truly black. We previously had trouble with grays as many of you here have also.
We print files as grey scale with black ink only and find that they are neutral with no hint of color shift in the 1/4 or 1/2 tone areas.

If you've been sitting on the fence on third party ink...give J-Star a try. I did and am a happy camper.