• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland LEC-300A, Dual CMYK?

I have a Roland LEC-300A UV Printer and I'm curious, does anyone know if the gloss channel can be converted into a second white channel? This model is a 3 head / 6 channel (CMYK+WG) model.

I'd like to set it up for white (I exclusively run a product that i could be running with white every time) and am scared to put the effort in to only be running a single channel of white.

I haven't found any options for Versaworks. Maybe done via a 3rd party rip?

Side question - Can anyone attest to the opacity of the Roland EUV2 white inks? The head was shot when i bought the machine, so i never was able to get anything respectable out of it and decommissioned Gloss/White shortly after entirely. There's gloss in both lines, i've swapped in cleaning solution every now and again and there's a non firing head connected for cleanings. I tried to cover all of my bases.

Thanks!

I have a Roland LEC-300A UV Printer and I'm curious, does anyone know if the gloss channel can be converted into a second white channel? This model is a 3 head / 6 channel (CMYK+WG) model.

I'd like to set it up for white (I exclusively run a product that i could be running with white every time) and am scared to put the effort in to only be running a single channel of white.

I haven't found any options for Versaworks. Maybe done via a 3rd party rip?

Side question - Can anyone attest to the opacity of the Roland EUV2 white inks? The head was shot when i bought the machine, so i never was able to get anything respectable out of it and decommissioned Gloss/White shortly after entirely. There's gloss in both lines, i've swapped in cleaning solution every now and again and there's a non firing head connected for cleanings. I tried to cover all of my bases.

Thanks!
Hello,

Unfortunately, the LEC-300A model only supports one ink configuration. Entering a second white cartridge will prompt a wrong cartridge error.

Sincerely
Roland TS