• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Metallic Colors question.

autoexebat

I just picked up a brand new VS-300i and I'm waiting for it to be delivered next week. I'm wondering how I can get metallic colors into programs like Corel Draw ?

Thanks in advance

synergy_jim

your disk from Roland will have the metallic color library on it. You need to copy it into your swatches folder. After that, you need to watch some of the roland videos on youtube that explain how to get the effects you are looking for.

graphicwarning

As mentioned, X5 and newer have the palettes included and they work well. Just make sure when you export your EPS file that the "Convert Spot Colors to CMYK" is unchecked.

autoexebat

I just checked and I do have it ! Only issue I can see is I really don't think I have a way to show a potential customer of what it will look like in metallic ? :banghead:

heyskull

You are not going to be able to show potential customers of what it will look like in metallic unless you physically print a sample.
Or maybe print some example prints in your shop, as printing samples of customers work can waste a lot of productive time on your machine.

SC

autoexebat

Thanks , I will have to do a few small test prints with it . I'm guessing the metallic will be very minimal , almost like a pearl color.

graphicwarning

If you are using versa works, just print the metallic color chart built in... it makes it easy to show customers their metallic colors.