• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland + New Caldera RIP = custom prfiles?

2B

We are going to be upgrading our RIP program to Caldera in the next few months and as such we would like to be running custom profile to maximize, quality, impact and ink usage.

What hardware is needed besides a spectrophotometer? with spectrophotometer what brand is suggested, it seems X-Rite is the best but their site is VERY confusing.

We have watched the YouTube clips on ICC profiling from caldera, and would also like to hear from people who do their own profiles.
What are the main points to be aware of and pay extra attention to?

any other information about caldera and/or creating ICC profiles would be greatly appreciated.

nate

We are going to be upgrading our RIP program to Caldera in the next few months and as such we would like to be running custom profile to maximize, quality, impact and ink usage.

What hardware is needed besides a spectrophotometer? with spectrophotometer what brand is suggested, it seems X-Rite is the best but their site is VERY confusing.

We have watched the YouTube clips on ICC profiling from caldera, and would also like to hear from people who do their own profiles.
What are the main points to be aware of and pay extra attention to?

any other information about caldera and/or creating ICC profiles would be greatly appreciated.

If you're making many profiles the Caldera easy color works great and is automated. If you're doing a few or don't want to spend as much the i1 version 2 will work great as well. You have to measure hundreds of patches with whatever you choose so I prefer the easy color as it is pretty annoying scanning all the patches by hand with the i1. Save your sanity!

neil_se

I profile my Roland with Caldera Easy Media and use the i1 Basic Pro 2. I typically measure 612 swatches and it only takes a few minutes, something more automated would be nice but they're also expensive.

This spectro + Caldera optioned with Easy Media is all you need.

guitarguy69

Seems overwhelming at first. After a few times through the easy media profiling, you'll be a pro. Linearize, for individual channel limiting, set total ink limit, and then read the color swatches and you're done. I suggest becoming proficient and linearizing your printer before any big or color dependant job.