• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland nozzle check. alignment?? sp540i

tradeup

Getting ready to buy another printer. Current owner states Roland recommended them to replace both printheads. Looks to me like they may just need realigned? Anyone have any insight? Thanks in advance

I know the black has a lot of deflection but my Vp printer had worst nozzle checks on black and produced acceptable prints for years. I am more concerned with the offset

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 230

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It looks like the yellow/magenta head can be recovered and usable but that black is going to be a problem which affects the cyan as they share the same head on that machine. It all depends on what quality you are willing to let jobs leave your shop. The black in this test print will most likely leave black spray on the edges of your prints and anywhere there is white space. Any black lines will not be crisp as well. You could try doing head soaks, powerful cleanings and even flush the head but there is no guarantee it will help. In any machine the alignments should be done as perfectly as possible so you would definitely want to check them out and tweak them as necessary but that black head is going to cause you headaches. I would find out when the maintenance parts were changed last from the current owner. Based on the test print I am sure you will need new cap tops and wipers. Your pump may be clogged as well.

Get one of your files printed on that machine before you buy it. A lot of the time you can get a test print out of a head but when you try to print with it, it can leave streaks across the print that don't show up in a standard nozzle check. If that is the case, you will end up needing a head for sure.

jeff412

I just replaced a head that looked better than that one. Alignment would help the quality, but your fine black lines will be fuzzy and you could get some banding in black. It really depends on what you are printing and how picky you are. $800 for a new head. May be worth the risk if you can get it cheap enough.

Jeff Chambliss
www.stickertalk.com