• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland...Page Space? (not enough media fed out before it cuts)

bayviewsignworks

I have an SG-300, i know that you for your condolences, but since we bought it it never feeds out enough media before it cuts the sheet. I've gone in and added 90mm of "Page Space" in printer controls but sometimes that's not even enough. It always comes up with "Crop mark not found" but it's actually the end of the sheet tripping the sensor. Has Roland ever fixed the firmware to fix this issue - or is it unique to mine?

OADesign

In order to clear that rear sensor, the sheet needs about 5-6 inches (The exact size may be slightly smaller). So you may want to go in and set the defaults for the job (or the queue) to be a minimum of 180mm. It will make sure to clear the sensor (and it make it a bit more forgiving when my guys laminate.) But this can add to a bit of waste if you're always adding that much blank media even when it isnt needed. Its does add up. OR you can do what we do in my shop. Just pay attention and when you have a job that needs to be contour cut, feed a few more inches before you sheet cut. Done deal.

OADesign

bayviewsignworks I also forgot to add, If you have a sheet that is already printed that you are getting that "Crops not found" error, you can also tape an extra piece of media to the end. Just make sure the tape is flat and also tape the bottom of the seam too, so it does't get caught on the machine and lift up during the cut. So. Just for the record, I find best practice for contour cut on Roland print/cut machines, is to have a bit on blank media at the front and at the end. +-2in at the front and +-5in at the end. YMMV. I'm certain other folks here will have different scenarios, but these steps work well for us.

Last edited:

bayviewsignworks

In order to clear that rear sensor, the sheet needs about 5-6 inches (The exact size may be slightly smaller). So you may want to go in and set the defaults for the job (or the queue) to be a minimum of 180mm. It will make sure to clear the sensor (and it make it a bit more forgiving when my guys laminate.) But this can add to a bit of waste if you're always adding that much blank media even when it isnt needed. Its does add up. OR you can do what we do in my shop. Just pay attention and when you have a job that needs to be contour cut, feed a few more inches before you sheet cut. Done deal.
Basically everything we print we contour cut so it's not just about paying attention. I have a SP-540 sitting right next to it and I do NOT need to pay out wasted media. It is a firmware setting that they just won't fix - and we all make work-arounds for.

bayviewsignworks

Considering the SP-540 does not need this extra media fed out I consider this to be a firmware issue. I already do these work-arounds, hence this is why I'm asking: Why won't Roland fix it? Has there been a fix? By these responses I'd say no. Does anyone know code that that they could go in and tweak it?