• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland pc-600 ICC output file needed

Tdurst79

I recently purchased a Roland PC-600 I have it printing in FlexiSign but can not seem to find the ICC output file on roland site. I do see the CAMMJETT ICC Output there though. Will they work for the PC-600 as well? If not does any one have the right ICC output fies they can email me? Email is Allendurst@yahoo.com and I would really appreciate it.:notworthy:

Tdurst79

Maybe

I've message them both with hopes of a reply. I used a Default icc output it Flexign, I no long have the colorchoice. But some on them look dissent misus the Ribbons ake times to leave we leave a streak acrossor it . One other question is the a way to print sharper in colorcamm I'm getting close to the resolution, just looks alittle Fuzzy

FrankW

What Version of Flexi do you use? Depending on the version, you could use the ColorChoice Profiles, because ColorChoice is from the same manufacturer.

On the other hand, an ICC-Profile will not help with streaks in printing. If using spot colors (no 3- or 4-color printing), you do not need any output color management.

If there are streaks in printing, the following can be:

- Head incorrectly mounted or other mechanical issues
- Not the correct head file uploaded to the printer or the wrong voltage is set

Jackpine

"streaks in printing"
If they are in inline with the head movement you have bad spots on the head. Clean edge with 91% denature alcohol when the head is still warm. The resin from the ribbon is on the head. There is a cleaning pad on the left that the head self cleans. Make sure it is cleaned or replace.
I had one of these and they can print real nice small stuff. I designed in Corel Draw, exported as an eps and printed using the Roland Colorchoice software.

Last edited:

Sign Works

I've message them both with hopes of a reply. I used a Default icc output it Flexign, I no long have the colorchoice. But some on them look dissent misus the Ribbons ake times to leave we leave a streak acrossor it . One other question is the a way to print sharper in colorcamm I'm getting close to the resolution, just looks alittle Fuzzy

Patience my friend, I'll dig those up and e-mail them to you a bit later today when I get a free moment. :thumb:

Tdurst79

Thanks for the help. I did find some ICC for the roland pc-600 for flexisign but I read the colorchoice ones are better. I'm using Flexisign Pro 8.1. Me and the wife have recently started a little business and a thermal resin printer is exactly what we need to print our artwork with because of the material we are using. We print small 3.5 x 2.5 inch pictures. These are some of the prints I've done when trying to get it right. I'f played with Line Pitch both printing modes, and i'm using new roland ribbons as well, and I get a fading when I test print. And Random Streaks when Printing. The guy I purchases it from said it had the head replaced a year ago and was printing fine. this could be stretched but I just want to be sure it is the head before I order one.

Capture.jpg

Light on one side where printhead is bad no banding though.jpg

More random streaks from printhead..jpg

Printhead made streaks all in this one Even a big blotch of magenta across picture..jpg I could be wrong but it doesn't look like banding to me with the random streaks some times large streaks.

FrankW

First of all, it looks like that you use wrong dithering. With thermal transfer printers, you have to use "Angled Screen". If you have set the Dithering to angled screen and get this results, it could be that you have set a wrong (too high) value for lines per inch. Or the media is not suitable for the PC600.

The picture where the upper parts of the bands are different to the lower parts looks like that the head is not correctly adjusted, but it could be a problem of the media too. The streak I see in picture 4 could be a problem with ribbon wrinkling, what could be a result of a wrong adjusted head too. An other reason for that issues can be that the media is not suitable for thermal transfer.

The banding you see all over the pictures is type of construktion and can't be avoided. It is not possible to print banding-free with this machines except the pictures are only as wide as the ribbons. Specially because this machines are driven with stepping motors, as soon as they are old and worn out, there will be no possibility anymore to get good printing quality.

As soon as you change dithering you will see that this printers are not really suitable for picture- or photo-printing.

If you print mostly pictures of 2.5 x 3.5", and you really need to use a thermal transfer-machine, you should think about a Summa DC3/DC4sx. The price of the consumables are much lower, the pictures will fit in one width of the ribbons and will not generate banding, and if printing larger the feed of the media is much more reliable.

When still testing, think about that the PC600 is really outdated. I would suggest to don't spend to much time to make this machine suitable for you (if possible).

Tdurst79

Thanks you were right wrong dither. I'll do the best with it that I can I needed a cutter to so I can't complain to much about the head. But se did the head was just replaced. I'm thinking maybe he didn't set it right. I'm just sure if he put it in wrong or has the wrong voltage set-up for it. I have the TEAOUT program but I'm not sure how to put it service mode. Any suggestions?
Thanks Again.:U Rock:

FrankW

It's more than 10 years ago that I have serviced a PC600 the last time, I still can see the problems, but can't remember any details how to solve it with the PC600. Regularly, with the correct TEI-File uploaded to the printer the voltage should be set correctly. If not (could happen sometime), a special cable adaper is needed to measure the voltage and adjust it.