Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Roland PC-600 - is it possible to correct this?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by dtsowosso, Jul 29, 2020.

1. dtsowosso

dtsowosso New Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Michigan
    I have had various interesting times with this machine, but, I suppose I need to ask this.

Attached are two photos- one is the print-test from the machine, another is a sticker that I made.

The print test doesn't have nearly as apparent of banding, but the sticker, about 4.5 inches wide, has this banding issue. Is there a difference in the way the image is sent, or is it some alignment issue? Is it the head?

Small stickers appear to work out fine, whereas larger ones do this. I should note that this isn't really visible from 2-3 feet away, but it drives me up the wall and I can't sell anything like this..

IMG_1700.jpg IMG_1702.jpg

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Looks like some blown pixels. Try cleaning it real good.

3. dtsowosso

dtsowosso New Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Think alcohol will hurt it, or should I buy print-head solution?

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    You should be using a special 'roland' cleaning solution, specifically for that machine. Regular maintenance is using a cleaning pad and running the head over it.

Do not use alcohol on that machine, except to clean vinyl prior to printing. Too much dirt on the vinyl will scratch your head and then ya have a problem.

5. dtsowosso

dtsowosso New Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Reached out to Roland for advice on what cleaner they have for this unit, praying it helps because a new head is impossible to find so far.

6. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    For this printer, roland doesn‘t have a cleaning liquid, but a cleaning sheet. But not shure if they available anymore.

7. netsol

netsol Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    englishtown, nj
    that is the same print head type & technology as zebra direct thermal /thermal transfer

you can clean with 91% isopropyl

i have not unpacked my service manuals yet, (we moved recently) but there is an adjustment that minimizes that effect. turning the adjustment one way causes a thin white stripe. the other way causes a darker (double pass/overlap)