Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland PC60 as a cutter only

Discussion in 'Roland' started by CentralSigns, Apr 29, 2010.

1. CentralSigns

CentralSigns Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    Anyone know how well they old Roland PC60 cutter/printer cuts. I got a line on a used one that needs a new print head, but it's selling cheap. I don't want it for printing as I have a better one but was thinking of using it strictly as a cutter. Is it worth while to use this tool this way only. Would it compare to the Summa Dseries I currently use

Tags:
  2. thmooch

thmooch Active Member

Mar 13, 2007
    sc
    I can't speak regarding the Summa, but I have a PC600 that cuts great. I have it mainly for a back up for my Graphtec.

3. burty

burty New Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Slowly. Top speed is 20cm p/s as opposed to my trusty old cm300 that cuts at 85. The pc60 is designed for accuracy not speed so much.

4. Cross Signs

Cross Signs Active Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Clearwater FL
    I've had a PC-60 for many years. The head is shot for printing but I use it for cutting almost everyday. It's getting to where I prefer it over my two old Gerber plotters.