• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland PC60 ColorCAMM Pro - Advice

brian_fellers

I picked up an ancient dinosaur printer today. Got it 100% free, was basically a "thank you" gift from a customer of mine. This thing is in tip top condition, 100% perfect cosmetic condition, all the original manuals, software, etc. Even got a whole box of Roland cartridges with it, plus the machine is fully loaded with brand new ribbons as well. Yeah, it's a blessing.

With that being said, I know absolutely NOTHING about this machine. Maybe it's a little before my time? lol I've used plenty of Roland printers, HP latex, Mimaki, but no experience whatsoever with thermal printers. Here are my questions, any advice is much appreciated!

1. I have a Mac, from the research I've already done.........there doesn't appear to be a mac driver for this machine. True? Or does somebody know a "trick"?

2. If this can only be used with a PC, according to the research I've done, there is only a downloadable driver for Windows 3.1, Windows 2000, and Window NT. Nothing for Windows 7 or XP. I guess my question is there ARE people still using this machine out there..........but what are they using to run the machine? Are they just using an old outdated PC with Windows 98 or something?? lol

Any advice/help appreciated! I'd like to hold onto the machine, but obviously get some use out of it as well, maybe print + cut decals, etc.

mark-s

Windows 2000 driver will work for Windows XP.
Don`t know if there are drivers for Windows 7.

mark-s

brian_fellers

Windows 2000 driver will work for Windows XP.
Don`t know if there are drivers for Windows 7.

mark-s

I already have Illustrator CS5, so "if" the windows 2000 driver works on windows 7, then I'll be good to go? Do I need a RIP program to print, or will the driver have that? I guess my question is: will Ilustrator + the driver work for printing & cutting?

FrankW

The driver will be ok, but not with windows7. But do not do to much effort for installing that printer, some major spare parts like the print heads are not available anymore from roland, as the color ribbons too early because they don't produce them anymore (there may be some third party suppliers). And, if needing to buy ribbons, take care of the price.