• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland PC60 -Old dog needs new tricks!

tommythesignguy

I'm new to this forum, but been in the sign business for over 30 years. I am trading artwork for a ColorCammPro PC60 thru a local screenprinter.
This machine has been in storage - ribbons removed. Can you tell me the order to install the ribbons as I have no manuals? It cuts fine although a bit slow. It also has silver, white and dark blue ribbons along with CMYKs. If not, can you point me to a downloadable manual? I have used Corel since it was Corel 3 - now on 12. Can I print directly from Corel to this machine? I have Flexi and just obtained CoCut. I'm still learning Adobe CS3 master addition. Can you teach an old dog new tricks?

GVP

Its been a while, but the ribbons go in the machine in no particular order. It determines where each ribbon is by reading the barcode on each cartridge. I think you can print direct from Corel - do you have the driver disk?

Sign Works

No paticular order to ribbon install, machine reads bar codes on ribbon to select proper ribbon. Yes you can print & cut to the PC-60 using Corel Draw, I prefer running my PC-600 directly out of Flexi Pro.

Looks like GVP types faster than I do.

By the way you can download the driver and a lot of other useful stuff from the Roland site/forum.

high impact

If the head is in good shape you will have some fun with this machine. It's good for small contour cut decals and small door graphics. It's not good for large format.

Spot colors work best with this machine...you can get refill ribbons and save some bucks but then you have to watch the barcodes on the cartridges. You will want to use Flexi and set up a spot color chart so it makes printing easier.