Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland PC60

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Sinkers, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Sinkers

Sinkers Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Can anyone give me any info about this printer? eg. Age, problems, are parts and inks still available? Can these be used to print outdoor quality.

Tags:
  2. BobM

BobM Very Active Member

May 31, 2008
    Cape Cod
    I've have one a bought used 3 years ago. It has a new print head ($850) and servo motor ($275). I use it for emergency jobs and once in a while I will print out a sample job. It is a good machine, just old technogly. I use Merchant Members on this site for my printing needs.

3. signguy 55

signguy 55 Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Bought one back in '99, never have made any real money with it. Very expensive to run, slow, had to replace print head after a couple of years, mine now has another bad print head. I'm just keeping it for a backup plotter when my old Roland 960 dies. Technology has evolved tremendously since then, I'm sure you could still get the old ribbons. Quality of prints were good when I used it, ran it using Flexisign.

Signguy 55

4. encadtech

encadtech Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Higganum CT
    The PC60 is ribbon based printer. It uses both wax and thermal ink cartridges. The cost to print is about 8 cents a square inch - $1.15 sq / ft. It will cut / print up to 24" widths. It is a good solution for printing spot whites and foil colors like gold and silver. IMO -Because the cost to print is higher than an average solvent/inkjet - it is truely aimed at being a decal machine - The heads on these machine are vulnerable to being scratched and damaged by dirt / particles on the media you are printing on. I would not run this printer in a dusty production space - it needs to be in a controlled print room or office. The machine itself works very well. Last time I checked new head cost is $600.00 + install.

5. encadtech

encadtech Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Higganum CT
    Oh yeah - cartidges are still available by roland or you can get refill kits from zero nine