• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Pinch Roller Questions

ChristianRhodes

So I am looking for the middle pinch rollers for my Roland SC-540. I have been looking online at very inconsistent results. Some as low as 8 and some as high as 58. My question is what size is the proper size for the Roland SC-540? On Ebay I see a couple different sizes like 3 x 11 x 16, some that are 4 x 11 x 16 and others that are 3 x 10 x 15.25. I am not excluding the fact that most people suck at measuring. I just want to make sure I am getting the right size rollers. Is there a standard size of pinch roller for the Roland SC-540? My usual supplier is charging an arm and a leg and I can find them for much cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks guys.

El Barto

Haven't seed dimensions mentioned anywhere. The part numbers you're looking for are:

FD16s4(D10) Roland #21565103 for the inside rollers
TD16s4(d10) Roland #21565102 for the outside rollers

Roland charges about $10 more for the inside rollers, so that's part of why you're seeing different prices.

InkjetAuction

Pinchwheel Part Numbers and Prices

From Roland. Plenty in stock.

Parts List
Spacer.gif
Item NumberItem DescriptionList PriceQty on Hand
21565103P-ROLLER FD16S4(B10) TYPE2 CJ-500/CM-500 INSIDE WHEEL$45.85250

Parts List
Spacer.gif
Item NumberItem DescriptionList PriceQty on Hand
21565102P-ROLLER TD16S4(B10) TYPE2 OUTSIDE WHEELS$34.30441

I have personally found that the aftermarket outside pinchwheels do not have enough taper... which can be a significant factor in print tracking and print/cut issues.
I also find that they often don't fit the holder exactly right (width wise). This can be a factor in print cut alignment issues as well.

Make no mistake, I'm an aftermarket parts fan where it makes sense. However, you only typically replace pinchwheels every few years... so it seems silly not to buy the OEM parts in this case.

~E