• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland plotter missing cuts...

Deaton Design

Friend of mine does tshirts, and they use a roland plotter for the one offs cutting the thermal material.
They've been having a problem with the plotter leaving areas when it cuts. In different spots, it will almost cut all of the letter, etc. then just jump and leave an area uncut.
Would this be in the plotter settings, or the program they are using, which is a really simple program I havent heard of. Cant remember the name right now.
THanks for any help.

rcboats1

When we used to have this problem with our old plotter it was an offset change in the software that we were using. Find out what the software is, that will help with figuring out how to fix the problem.

S'N'S

When we used to have this problem with our old plotter it was an offset change in the software that we were using. Find out what the software is, that will help with figuring out how to fix the problem.

Yep, as stated above, especially if they have changed to an aftermarket blade, which often have a different offset. Wrong offset will leave a small uncut area from where it starts the cut to where it ends. Also some cut programs have an "overcut" function which will close the cut. Rolands have a blade offset function in there menu.

ital31

If you are using Versaworks and are sending an EPS file to print & cut there is a setting that corrects this problem. It is only a fix for .EPS files sent to Versaworks. Roland support will gladly help you with that if you are using the EPS