• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland pnc 1000 mac g4+corel 11 need help

Birdblaster

Hi everyone,
I have just purchase a camm1 pnc 1000 roland cutter from ebay. I have corel draw 11 + g4 mac computer. I can't seem to find the needed driver nor do i know where to buy the needed cables. The manual did not come with the unit so i am unsure of where the setting need to be.

I am a nebie that purchased the machine to make signs for my small business. Is there anyone out there whom can point me in the right direction? can't wait to doing first cuting job, that should be real ez lol

thanks Birdblaster

geb

Maybe this link will help.http://www.roland.com/support/en/

My camm1 to a PC was hooked up with a serial port selection, with a null modem adapter attached to the cutter serial port. Parallel port didn't work for me.

In Corel, you may be able to use parallel port to print. OP has posted on this before.

You should have posted this topic in the Roland section.

George

Birdblaster

Maybe this link will help.http://www.roland.com/support/en/

My camm1 to a PC was hooked up with a serial port selection, with a null modem adapter attached to the cutter serial port. Parallel port didn't work for me.

In Corel, you may be able to use parallel port to print. OP has posted on this before.

You should have posted this topic in the Roland section.

George
Thanks , the link is for musical equip, however when i figure out how to search op posting on this subject , i am thinking that those postings may hold the answer. thanks

OldPaint

mac'S are different....
i dont think it will work direct from corel like it does on a pc. PC enterpolates anything for the plotter as a HPGL....if you can emulate that on a mac....then it will work

Rodi

In Corel 11, you can export a file as HPGL Plotter File_Export_HPGL Plotter file. OR Command-E

Rodi

Birdblaster

In Corel 11, you can export a file as HPGL Plotter File_Export_HPGL Plotter file. OR Command-E

Rodi
Rodi you all were right, there is a HPGL plotter export file that exports the file to i would imagine the plotter and bam it should cut i would think. now i have to figure out parallel or serial cable and the settings, George I hope your right thanks

Birdblaster

mac'S are different....
i dont think it will work direct from corel like it does on a pc. PC enterpolates anything for the plotter as a HPGL....if you can emulate that on a mac....then it will work
yeap i found the file havent tried it yet but i bet its going to work. what setting should i put it on, i dont have a manual
thanks birdblaster

Birdblaster

paint
I never could get that mac and corel 11 going, I need to make some signs so i have decided to go with the pc + corel 11. I have the driver for xp but for some reason i still cant get it to cut.

Do i need to save the file as HPGL then print, do I need to make the sign then just print it, how does corel draw work with the cutter Pcn1000