Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland PNC 1000

Discussion in 'Roland' started by neato, Aug 31, 2012.

1. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    Can this plotter be used with the newer versions of Windows? Also, can it be setup to cut directly from CorelDraw?

Tags:
  2. SIGNTIME

SIGNTIME Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    ny
    not sure about the new version of windows but you should be able to cut from corel with the cutstudio plugin atleast you can from illy

3. DizzyMarkus

DizzyMarkus Active Member

Jan 23, 2012
    I have a super old Lynx-s60- here thats currently running on windows 7-- machines prolly all of 10 years old -- not a roland but if that runs, the 1000 should. Took a bit of figiting tho :0)

Markus

4. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Philip check with Oldpaint, I think it can.

5. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    Thanks! Found a super deal on one and decided I'd like to have a cutter again for making patterns at least.

6. JimmyG

JimmyG Premium Subscriber

Apr 1, 2005
    Register, GA
    Phillip, I have a Roland PNC 1000 that I purchased new in 1991 and it's still working fine....I use Roland Cut Studio with plugin for Corel Draw plus can use Sign Wizard or Flexi....
    Roland CutStudio is a good basic lettering software and can be found very inexpensive....

You can try the Roland Camm1 XP driver and maybe make it work in newere versions here....

http://download.rolanddg.jp/en/cutting.html#camm1

:)~

7. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

YES............you can cut from corel to a PNC-1000 from windows 7 32 bit. 64 bit will be a problem.
    you will get an error message on the PNC-1000 SCREEN IGNORE IT

8. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the responses.