• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland PNC 1100 and Vista

neato

Will there be any problems running a Roland PNC1100 out of Windows Vista using Corel?

A friend of mine wants to buy mine, but we were unsure if it would work with his laptop...

Thanks!

signage

Not sure Phillip but I would suggest looking to see of Roland has a driver for that plotter in vista! that would be my starting point, if not then maybe trying to get it to run as xp compatible might work! my.02

chris634

According to the Roland website, they don't have many if any drivers available for Vista, yet.
I just checked for one for my PNC-1000a, and it is not supported.
It's a shame, it pretty much just turns a nice cutter into a paper weight if you are using a new computer.

Service Sign Co

I suppose you could add a serial port or a serial to USB converter and depending on the software you are using,check the supported plotter list. I used Omega and selected PNC 1000 which would run the PNC 1210 so it should work for a 1100 also

DJolley

Oh by the way..., The print drivers that you can get from Roland's Web site won't install on Vista. ( Windows screwed up all my old programs again !!!! )

OldPaint

if your running ANY SIGN PROGRAM, you dont need the driver from ROLAND!!!!!!
sign lab, flexi, vmpro, goober.................ALL PROVIDE THEIR OWN DRIVERS.
so if you SIGN PROGRAM WILL RUN ON VISTA... so then you plotter will work from it.