• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland PNC 5000 Pinch Roller Sensor Detection Error

Moeed Farook

Yorkshire Wrapper
Hi All

I have been scratching my head and trying to work out how I can override the pinch roller Sensor stage on my PNC 5000. I've been having issues with the detection. I press setup the carriage moves to the middle then back to home position again on the left hand side. I've checked the reed switch and cable and everything is fine. On the odd occasion when it is detected it then gets stuck and makes a screeching noise as if the motors are losing steps. If I press setup from that point it then thinks that that is the home position and proceeds to do the detection run but runs out of rail. I then have to switch it on and off in order to get it to home in its rightful home position on the left. Is is causing me major problems and it's a solid unit and if only there was a way to override the pinch roller detection stage then I'd be online and ready to go which I have been on a handful of occasions.

Can anyone shed some light on what may be the cause or a way to override this detection altogether?

Many thanks

woolly

morning

need to find out why its sticking once a stepper motor stalls it does not know where it is.and will carry on blind untill it hits something again unlike modern servo and encoder systems with over power cut outs etc.
does it ever get to the point of rotating the ribbon to find the colours

Moeed Farook

Yorkshire Wrapper
hi

It was the belt-tensioner plate. The belt was creeping up in the reverse direction (too much load) which made it lose steps. Was finally running Tru with no problems. Machine was performing as it should.

Now left it overnight switched it on this morning, the motor on the belt makes a buzzing noise whether there's a load on it or not which means the carriage doesn't move at all now. I'm hoping it's not a problem from the circuit board side. I'll test the motor in isolation buy connecting it to an arduino CNC circuit. Yes it rotates the drive spindle on the cartridge compartment then should proceed to do it's homing routine but now doesn't...