• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland PNC 960. cutting error

osman

Hie All,

I am Osman from Pakistan. I hav a PNC 960 CAMM 1 by Roland using it with windows XP since last 2 years & I hav purchased it from Canada USED ONE.

here I am using it for sign making business on vehicles.

but recently I got some problem with it. that is when ever I give it print command using corel draw 11, it start drawing the lines vertically and horizontally and a few times just its power led blinks indicating the wrong command.

I hav used it with my laptop at home then and it worked fine for 5 times and at the sixth command it did the same with my laptop.
I hav formatted whole of my pc just because of any virus problem.
but still it does not work even once with my desktop.
I hav made its DIP switch settings and now its working smooth with my laptop but with my desktop its still a problem that whenever i give print command its error lite blinks. and nothing is cut neither the vertical or horizontal lines.
could someone please tell me the correct DIP switch setting specially from Switch No 1 to 6

I am using DELL GX 280 desktop machine for plotting with it.

Please help me in this matter as I am really tensed now as I cannot afford a new plotter at this time. and my signmaking business is very much affected because of this machine.

R

Osman

osman

Thanks old paint but i'm using the same drivers already since last an year !!
at LPT 1 port ..
Its not working now!

OldPaint

I WOULD RUN IT OFF THE LAPTOP...............do your design work on the desktop, tranfer design to jump drive and load on laptop.

osman

yeah i design it on desktop coz my laptop does not have that much better grafix n speed..
& i only use jump drive to save my collection temporary..
else i m giving the print directly thru plugging in the wire to the laptop or desktop..
I hav also tried clearing the eerom by holding left right n the last key at control panel and then switching it onn.. but it didnt worked even after the control panel lights blink..
i read this trick at another pnc 960 forum

osman

dear I hav never changed the BIOS settings...
I am only using bios to change the boot devices while installing windows