• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Print line Issue in same spot

Exodusdesign

Hey Guys

I've had no problems with anything all morning and then this afternoon i'm getting an unusual ghost/line error in the print in the same spot on the roll regardless of what i print or print/cut

Looks to be almost below where the encoder strip folds to go back on itself above.
Anything to the right prints fine (and cuts fine) there is this weird patch, and then anything to the left is out of alignment print/cut

Crap on the encoder strip perhaps?
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue

Same issue on 2 pcs, running versaworks and tried multiple files and profiles

Seems electronic issue with printer itself but curious to see if it could be something else

Attachments

• IMG_7796.PNG
    IMG_7796.PNG
    821.2 KB · Views: 263

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
First off, the encoder strip doesn't fold on itself, that would be the cut carriage cable. But you are probably right in that this is most likely a dirty encoder strip and it is probably somewhere in the middle.
The encoder strip goes the full length of the printer and appears to be a gray transparent piece of plastic. Clean that off with a soft, lint free cloth and some isopropyl alcohol.