• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland printer data cables

Nutetun

I have had problems with the roland for a few months now and I know it is in dire need of service. I called my tech because my yellow was no longer printing the pattern for the test print it was leaving a long yellow streak across my media. He told me to clean the data cables which I have done. I put everything back to where it is suppose to go and did another test print it worked fine but I had drop outs on my black and magenta so I did some cleaning and when I went to do another test print 3 data cables became crammed into a metal bar that blocks the view from the mother board from the front. I never touched the thing and the cables were flat. Anyway I replaced the cables and now group "a" and "b" are no longer printing. I have reinitialized the machine in hopes that it would fix the problem but it still wont print the two groups. Does anyone have any ideas on what might have happened?

CS-SignSupply

Blown fuses on the mainboard; blown heads, blown print carriage board from a possible short when the cables were crammed.

Start by checking fuses.

musquoni

I had this same problem. I switched the cables to another head group and that head group disappeared. I then replaced the fuse and the fuse blew. So i had a friend (an electrical engineer) take a look at it and it turned out that somehow the transistor blew to the missing head group. He replaced it and it has been working ever since.

Nutetun

Thank you for all the information but now I have another question; I replaced the the fuses just now. When I turned on the printer it just started beeping rapidly. Now everything I know tells me that beeping like that is a bad sign and something is going to go BOOM! What do I do to fix it? Did I put the fuses in wrong or something? I checked all the connection I had to disconnect and they are all fine. Any ideas now?