• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Printer Driver Problem!!

Designer85

Just got a slightly used Roland SP-300 and installed the printer driver, thought I may have installed it wrong so I uninstalled it then actually followed the instructions on the Windows Driver Guide that came with the printer and as it's re-installing the driver I get a prompt, "The Roland SP-300 Printer Driver cannot be added because the driver module is in use. Please close all applications, restart windows and try the install again." I tried this and it still says the same thing! I'm itching to try this printer out but I can't install the dang driver!

Has anyone had this problem before or know how to go about fixing it? I would be sooo greatful!! Thanks.

Which RIP and operating system are you using? If it's Windows Vista, you'll need the latest version of Versaworks (2.2.2), and there are directions on the Roland USA web site for the driver installation under Vista.

Bob

I would suggest that you update the installation of Versaworks to the current release of 2.2.2. This can be done with the application closed, by clicking Start > Programs > Roland Versaworks > Online Update. Of course, you'll need to be online for the update to proceed. I believe that the problem is likely related to Windows Service Pack 2 interfering with the SP300v driver installation in that version of Versaworks.

Also, here is a link for the latest SP300v driver:

http://dg4.roland.co.jp/en/color.html#sp300vs

Hope this helps!

Bob

2NinerNiner2

-85 ...

I ran into the same issue when trying to properly install the WINDOWS driver, as you are doing. This has nothing to do with the RIP. The WIN driver allows the SP-300 to be used as any other printer would be, from the 'print' dialog. The tech who originally set mine up couldn't get it ether, so a few months ago, I decided to tackle this, once and for all. The KEY, I found, was following the instructions, in the DRIVER manual, TO THE LETTER! BTW, my version on the CD I received was 1.30; get this one working first, then get the most recent :) Where it says on page 6, item 3 "...an connect the printer to the computer..." THIS is the KEY! If you do it the other way, the computer the printer, it won't install successfully (at least it did not for me, 4 or 5 times!) This means, have the cable plugged into the printer and then plug the other end INTO THE COMPUTER when instructed to do so. Mine works like a charm now. For some jobs, I print and print&cut DIRECTLY from CorelDRAW X3. Remove any previously installed attempts (via "Add/Remove Printers"), and then try this :) I also was able to get the Mac version working using this method.

Cheers!
Lyle

Last edited:

Designer85

Bless you all! Got it the driver installed! Got one more question that I'll put in a new thread. Please read if you get the chance. Thanks again!

ramon

please share how you fixed this, i have same problem on xp ?

Bless you all! Got it the driver installed! Got one more question that I'll put in a new thread. Please read if you get the chance. Thanks again!

please share how you fixed this, i have same problem on xp ?