• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ROLAND PRINTER GETS STUCK ON NOW PROCESSING..! HELP :(

Adam24

Hi Guys, new to this site first post so if its missing anything please bare with me.

I have a Roland RE-640 Brought another printing business and it came part of the deal. Its been printing fine however after moving it back to our main premesis about 40 miles away around 2 weeks ago I have been getting intermittent problems and now they are happening everyday.

When I try print a job it will print and then randomly stop and says now processing.. it was printing fine after installing it.
Tried to change the ethernet as its plugged straight into the computer same issue..
Sometimes we can print 1 banner of and if we run the same size it can stop. The only way around it is turning off the machine and restarting it again. Running on the same computer same system etc as it was in the old premesis when it was working totally fine.

When I turn it off I also get an internal error code: 1380361

Any help will be appreciated

P.s can it be due a dirty encorder strip? As My lines were not that solid but then cleaned it and its fine also often find the print lately going to one side. (When making banners and adding the cut lines its noticeable. Using Roland Versaworks

Adam24

Just to update updated firmware made sure its running fine the strange thing is we are running it through direct connection to the computer via a switch.. Our other roland which is a UV LIGHT BAR works perfectly and its running through the same switch tried to change the switch no difference. There's no issue with the switch or wiring as changed the lot and checked it with the other printer we have just to try see what the issue might be.

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
Some cables jiggle loose when moving. Happen to us when we stained the floors. I just opened up the print head connection and pushed all connections tight and it worked. I do have a different model but simular issue

Adam24

Some cables jiggle loose when moving. Happen to us when we stained the floors. I just opened up the print head connection and pushed all connections tight and it worked. I do have a different model but simular issue
Hi thanks for the reply are these the connections by the print head carriage?

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
Hi thanks for the reply are these the connections by the print head carriage?
Just discharge all static prior to, and work your way through all cables. It should be noticeable when you come across the loose one