• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland printer info that we hope you don't need.

Scott at Roland

Hi All:

I have seen a couple posts recently regarding unexpected business closures due to the Covid 19 virus. I wanted to post some recommendations for temporarily shutting down your printers. We hope nobody has to use any of this, but I figured the information might still be helpful in an emergency.

Prepare the Machine for Extended Inkjet Downtime:

We have procedures outlined for preparing these machines for traditional school breaks. The same procedures can be used for anyone. These procedures require cleaning cartridges and head washing procedures to carry out. However, this is the most assured measure to protect the machines that can be taken. Please refer to your Owners Manuals for instructions on performing head washes, etc. If you do not have your printer documentation, you can find it here:

https://www.rolanddga.com/support

Other Recommendations : (When head washing is not possible or a short duration is expected)

• Leave the printer plugged in and powered ON:
Ensures that printers continue performing automatic maintenance cycles.

• Replace any low ink pouches or cartridges:
Allows for uninterrupted automatic maintenance cycles while the machines remain idle.

• Empty the waste container:
Maximizes capacity for the collection of waste ink.

• Unload and media and remove the media clamps:
Avoids media strikes or risk or errors during this period.

Roland DGA will continue to provide updates as we monitor the situation closely. We wish everyone the best and good health.