• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland printer issues! Encoder, media sensor **PLEASE HELP** XC 540

tradeup

I have a used XC 540 that is not under warranty and purchased third party.

2 days ago was printing unattended and returned to find that the cutting carriage had a part hanging which I believe to be the media sensor? not sure it is on the backside of the cutting carriage.

When it became detached it pulled the wires loose and I soldiered them back on. Well when I got it back together I kept getting motor errors. Come to find when I was fixing I got a crinkle in the encoder strip...

I ordered a new encoder strip and when I installed I had to move the print carriage and something caught the encoder and again it crinkled.

I have since ordered a new encoder does anyone have any tips on how to install these things? Do they just go on the rail or do they need to go under any place on the carriage??

Also I need to order the new media sensor and the small wire plug that attaches to the board on the top of the cutting carriage where can I order these parts?????

And last since my machine comes on and goes straight to error code 0110 It will not do the auto cleanings so I managed to fill the cap tops with cleaning fluid and park the heads on them. Is this sufficient to insure my heads do not clog..

Would love to find someone good with Rolands that I could pay to come help me fix. Nearest Roland dealer is 2 hours away and wants almost a grand to come and look. I am in Springfield IL and would love to find a pro to come look over my machine and help me get it going. Hate to mess up this encoder strip that is coming!!!

R08

I'm a bit like you when working on my machines. I usually do more damage than the original problem. I have an SC540 so I can't help you with specifics but I've gotten most of my parts from www.macmedia.com . Pretty sure he has the parts you need.

tradeup

Thank you very much just bookmarked and plan to call monday..

As an update the piece that broke is the pinch roller sensor.

anyone know the part number for the wire harness that goes from that sensor to the board????