• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland printer not cutting

ATrevino

A friend of mine in another shop is having trouble getting their Roland XC-540 to cut graphics. New blade has been put in, force is adequate. It's just not cutting through the vinyl but at the same time tearing up the vinyl as it drags across the printer. Has anyone had this problem or maybe have some advice? Any help is greatly appreciated.

lgroth

Some places to start... First make sure the blade spins in the holder, that's usually the cause of tearing vinyl rather than cutting it, especially as it goes around curves, it also won't actually cut unless it's traveling in the direction the blade is stuck in. Also make sure the arm the cutter mechanism is attached to isn't bent, have heard of that happening before, and if the blade isn't coming down straight it won't cut or spin right...

T_K

For lack of details, I'm assuming this is a normal vinyl - not something super thick.

Try adjusting the cutting speed. If you slow it down, that might help your issue.

oksigns

my go to in this situation is make sure the blade has an adequate extension. Always do a test cut before running the job just to double check you are safe. The other is to double check the cutting pad, as if it is thoroughly worn down, the blade is just mashing the media in to a worn groove rather than cutting.