Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Roland Printer Not Printing Right

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Outcast Kustoms, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Outcast Kustoms

Outcast Kustoms New Member

Aug 18, 2020
    Mooresville, NC
    I have a Roland Soljet Pro4 XR-640 printer and have been having problems lately. I have attached a picture of a test print for reference. Large amounts of magenta are missing in the test print of the A head and some of the colors appear to be smearing. I have done several powerful cleanings, medium cleanings, normal cleanings, and manual cleanings with no improvement at all. I have also replaced dampers in that head as well as cap tops. I would like some advice on what to try next.

Attached Files:

2. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Looks electrical. Ribbon cables may be on their way out. As I found with my Roland they are a consumable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Outcast Kustoms

Aug 18, 2020
    Mooresville, NC
    Is it possible that the head is bad and needs to be replaced?

4. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Possible the head is bad, but it does look like its trying to fire. Bad signal to the head will cause streaks/misfires. Maybe VanderJ will pop in and help. I'm just basing my opinions on what I did with my SP540V.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    It looks like head strike damage to me with a possible electrical issue. Take a look at the bottom of your head and see if there is any damage.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Outcast Kustoms

Aug 18, 2020
    Mooresville, NC
    There is no visible damage to either head at all. What would you recommend fixing to try and solve the issue?

7. DoubleDiamond

DoubleDiamond Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Texas
    I would clean and flip top to bottom the encoder strip. You have to put holes in it. And clean the sensor/eye/lens thingy.