• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Printer... Where's my Ink ????

JayMaxx

OK, a little mystery here... last night we printed out three 4' x 8's, everything good, finished, turned off the Roland and went home...

Today, got back to the shop, went to print and guess what... NO INK at all on cartridges... what the hell ?????????????????????????????
Black - Empty
Cyan - Empty
Magenta - Empty

Ink lines, EMPTY !!!!! not even a drop of ink nowhere!!! what the hell happened here???

All the ink went to the reservior bottle or whatever they call that bottle to catch the ink...

So, cartridges were more than half full, how did the ink went straight to the bottle by itself overnight ??? anybody has a clue?

It could also be debris on the bottom of the head, wicking the ink to the sponge. Inspect the bottom with a flashlight. A banner hair will touch the nozzle and allow the ink to run out.

kffernandez

really freaky. this would usually happen with one ore two inks. but rarely 3 out of the 4 colors at one time.

but like what DSD says, check the head surface, and capping stations first. that might give you some clues.

and no. sorry, roland won't be returning any of your inks. :D

JayMaxx

Well, took everything apart... capping station, ink pump, ink waste lines, dampers, etc... everything is clean, no ink overflow nowhere.! cartridges and ink lines were empty like brand new!!! not a single drop of ink !! really weird !!.

phototec

Roland printer was compiled drained of all inks in the UK

That is really weird, and reminds me of a story I heard a few years ago, it happened in the UK, there was a UFO sighting in a field near a sign shop one night and the next day, all over town the were hundreds of dead birds that feel from the sky during the night, and in the morning the owner of the sign shop noticed that his Roland printer was completely drained of all inks, not one drop was left in any part of the ink system. After the local police investigated the incident, it was assumed the UFO sighting may have had something to do with this strange event. Maybe the aliens needed the ink for some type of experiment.

Here is video evidence taken the morning after the ink was drained at the sign shop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDJpvzoh1Iw&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Did you have any suspicious weird events happen in your town that evening?

Attachments

• calcot.jpg
    calcot.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 61

artbot

happened to me all colors disappeared in about an hour or so. from what i can remember, i was working on the printer. did a head soak, i've installed t-valves in the back of my printer for quick servicing, etc (they were turned to the off position). ...turned off the printer from the back. after the head soak, i went to the back of the printer opened up the valves and evidently started a siphon that emptied the entire printer. and i'd just filled my carts to the top.

from now on after a head soak, i move the carriage to the left for a second to break any fluid contact.