• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland printing wrong color

prettybird

Hello, I have a Roland SC500 and I haven't been able to get it to print very good. Right now it is printing the wrong colors. I'm trying to make a sticker that has some black and grey but for the black and grey areas it was printing dark blue and light blue. Any suggestions on how to correct this?
Thanks!

prettybird

do you mean output profile? What should it be set to? (Sorry I am still new to this printer - haven't figured out how to make it print right yet)
Thanks

prettybird

I did one just now and there are no missing nozzles but where the black should be it printed dark blue and where the light blue should be it printed light green. Shouldn't these colors match the ink cartridges?

sfr table hockey

Hello, I have a Roland SC500 and I haven't been able to get it to print very good. Right now it is printing the wrong colors. I'm trying to make a sticker that has some black and grey but for the black and grey areas it was printing dark blue and light blue. Any suggestions on how to correct this?
Thanks!

When you do a cleaning, watch when the heads move off the capping station. Is there ink pooling in the caps? If so you might have a blockage in the drain lines or the 2 clear lines that run from the capping station.

Flush the drain lines and do a few cleanings to clear the print heads of the mix of inks.

Do the dampers have what looks to be the right color or are some contaminated as well?

prettybird

The area that sits below the print heads that shows different colors of ink when the print head moves (sorry I'm not sure what it's called) does show the wrong colors just like when I do the print test and it does seem to pool up somewhat. So maybe the drain lines are blocked.

So how do I flush them out?

Thanks!

sfr table hockey

While the pannel power is off, move the heads off the capping station to see those pads you talked about. Below each of the caps (pad area) is a white tube that connects to your capping station from the pump. You will need a syringe with an end that fits into that tube. Get some cleaning fluid into the syringe and remove one of the lines from the capping station. Attach the syringe and hold some tissue around the connection in case it sprays. Gently force some cleaning fluid through the line and into the waste bottle. You might have a bit of resistance while the fluid pushed through the line. You might hear the fluid run into the drain bottle. Do both lines and once they are clear reset the heads back in place ( locked on the capping station). Make sure that the clear lines that run in front over to the little rectangular block, are free if ink. If these are not clear you might need to take them off and flush. This is a bit more work so if it's not needed I won't go into detail.

Then turn on the pannel power and do several cleanings to clear the heads of the mixed ink.

Check your PM for a number to call if you need help.