• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland printing yellow with green cast - Help!

yukon

My VP540 (running Flexi 8.6 printing thru Versaworks) is printing medium and light yellows with a green cast to them. It's always been a problem but of course, now I'm wrapping a van with a yellow print! I'm picking yellows from my palette of the Roland Color Matching system. I've also tried just the regular swatch of yellow too.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thank you...

Yukon

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
The file you are using....is it RGB or CMYK? If cmyk...should be a good yellow then. Ive had issues with RGB sent to me and the Yellows have a green cast due to the values mixing some. Try printing straight CMYK swatches to see what happens. Also...are printheads in High or Low position??

If you are using the Roland Color System (as you mentioned), you should be good to go with reproducing Roland Colors. This is assuming that you:

1. Have previously printed out one of the Roland color charts on the same media that you will be printing the production job on, and are making the selection off of that printed chart (The chart can be found and printed from within Versaworks, under the Media Menu > Color Chart Type 1/ 2 or other chart).

2. Have told Versaworks to recognize the color names in the Roland Color System. This should be set up as a Queue default. See the attached image file for how to do this.

3. Are using the Roland Color in your design application, such as Illustrator, CorelDRAW or FlexiSIGN.

Attachments

• QP_FF.jpg
    QP_FF.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 242