• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Problems

Bogdaniel

Hey guys, i know i haven't been very active on the forum but most of the time i come and read posts and see around what people talk, but today i come with a problem :-D
I work with a roland sp540i printer it was bought about 4 years ago if i remember right. At the first when i got the job a guy that worked with roland printer came and introduced me since my background is web development, web graphics. It told me how to clean it how to print with it didn't introduce me to complex settings but only what i needed. on the way i started learning more from this forum and user's manual.
Anyway on june this year we changed the ink from emblem to eco pure ink, a month later i started getting bandings on black and cyan in the same period we had a bunch of storms and over the weekend or when a storm was approaching i removed the power from the printer because we do not have an ups on it etc.. Anyway in july a guy from service came and replaced the wipers because they never had a replace since the beginning he cleaned the encoder stripe worked on the motor a little he said that the banding doesn't know from where it is, printed a report of the machine and claptons said they should be replaced soon. Today the guy from where we buy the ink came and said that it's a dust problem and not the ink and then clenead the head and claptons .. etc including the nozzle wich i know they shouldn't be cleaned but i found on a forum that you can touch them but not wipe them and after that he said that acording the report the cyan - black head it should be replaced since it has 4 and 5 billion of drops. What do you think guys

Ragnabrok

hard to say, but if they are up in the 4-5 billion shots it's not surprising they could be failing at that point. Cleaning the surface of the head isn't taboo, it's required if there is something stuck to it, bits of vinyl or hair and such. Dust can cause a load of issues all over the place, but no printer parts last forever.

Gene@mpls

First thing is replace the captops with that much use- I would order an encoder strip for when that fails as well.

Karen-Kang

Hey guys, i know i haven't been very active on the forum but most of the time i come and read posts and see around what people talk, but today i come with a problem :-D
I work with a roland sp540i printer it was bought about 4 years ago if i remember right. At the first when i got the job a guy that worked with roland printer came and introduced me since my background is web development, web graphics. It told me how to clean it how to print with it didn't introduce me to complex settings but only what i needed. on the way i started learning more from this forum and user's manual.
Anyway on june this year we changed the ink from emblem to eco pure ink, a month later i started getting bandings on black and cyan in the same period we had a bunch of storms and over the weekend or when a storm was approaching i removed the power from the printer because we do not have an ups on it etc.. Anyway in july a guy from service came and replaced the wipers because they never had a replace since the beginning he cleaned the encoder stripe worked on the motor a little he said that the banding doesn't know from where it is, printed a report of the machine and claptons said they should be replaced soon. Today the guy from where we buy the ink came and said that it's a dust problem and not the ink and then clenead the head and claptons .. etc including the nozzle wich i know they shouldn't be cleaned but i found on a forum that you can touch them but not wipe them and after that he said that acording the report the cyan - black head it should be replaced since it has 4 and 5 billion of drops. What do you think guys
please upload your nozzle test to check so that we can help.

Bogdaniel

i will do everything i can to upload today a nozzle test but from start on black the lines some of them overlap and they are miss aligned cyan it's same.. magenta and yellow are perfect.

Bogdaniel

attachment.php
here is my nozzle check

Attachments

• IMAG1127.jpg
    IMAG1127.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 121

rjssigns

Here's what I think. Printer was running fine according to what we were told. Then a different ink was installed and the banding started.

Could be a coincidence that the captops failed right around that time, but I doubt it. It may have been the new ink that caused them to fail. Some of them have a lot of solvents, which tends to shorten the life of ink train parts.

Bogdaniel

Here's what I think. Printer was running fine according to what we were told. Then a different ink was installed and the banding started.

Could be a coincidence that the captops failed right around that time, but I doubt it. It may have been the new ink that caused them to fail. Some of them have a lot of solvents, which tends to shorten the life of ink train parts.

well i did a print test when i changed the ink and the new ink has a better color than the old one and the guy from the service also said that this type of ink it is very powerful.
Captops and wipers have never been changed. Also i remembered now that the guy from the service looked a bit strange at the dumpers because they weren't full of ink they were almost half if i remember right.
I did the math in january 2016 the printer will be 4 years old and feed motor has almost 1300 hours on it, we didn't print very much. This is the first year when from april started to print every day

Tomorrow i will try and post a picture with a print test from the software.

Bogdaniel

i did cleaning the heads, and i even used a few times medium cleaning normal cleaning and once powerful cleaning hmh .. but i will try it a few more time with medium cleaning and see the results. :D