• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Question ??

kustom.printing

If I buy a NEW Vp540 is there any way to see if the machine has ever been used before, is there a way it could have been used or rented then cleaned up re-flashed and sold as new.

The CoPeck application can be pulled down from Roland's web site. Complete history information can be obtained.

Bob

Rustle

I was a little concerned about this as well with buying a new Roland. I don't know how the CoPeck application will work if the machine hasn't been registered and was used as a demo?

InkjetAuction

Odometer Rollback

Anyone who knows the service code and has a little knowledge can reset the counters on pretty much any of the history items.

If you suspect foul play your best bet is be candid with the dealer in question.
Tell them that you intend to call Roland with your serial number. Roland uses the serial numbers to track machines by dealer. Roland knows when it was shipped to the dealer. Roland can also tell you if it was a demonstration model.

It is perfectly ok for a dealer to sell you a demonstration model or rental, but there must be full disclosure to you the end user.

~E

premiercolour

Merchant Member
When machine prints, you expect dust will be on the moisturized area(when machine printers, ink come and goes, there is the moisturize). Just open up the control panel, if it is dusty and not clean, it's been used.

Reason is that I recently visited a new customer. He bought the roland sp540p for over one year(the warranty expired, we went to service), we opened up the control panel and it looks brand new. The location is in between busy cross streets in los angeles area. Door is always open. He only ran machine once. Just my .002.

kustom.printing

Well the company I am buying off seem genuine and very friendly helpful; will ring Roland once the printer is here just for peace of mind.

Thank you for your replies.

DiS

Who you buying off shaunp505050 ? Be carefull I bought my machine off a UK company and was mislead..you could read some of this on this Roland section

DiS