Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland Question ??

Discussion in 'Roland' started by kustom.printing, Feb 3, 2009.

1. kustom.printing

kustom.printing Member

Dec 19, 2008
    If I buy a NEW Vp540 is there any way to see if the machine has ever been used before, is there a way it could have been used or rented then cleaned up re-flashed and sold as new.

Tags:
  2. GregT

GregT Very Active Member

Print a report or have the tech print one for you

3. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    The CoPeck application can be pulled down from Roland's web site. Complete history information can be obtained.

Bob

4. Rustle

Rustle Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I was a little concerned about this as well with buying a new Roland. I don't know how the CoPeck application will work if the machine hasn't been registered and was used as a demo?

5. Odometer Rollback

Anyone who knows the service code and has a little knowledge can reset the counters on pretty much any of the history items.

If you suspect foul play your best bet is be candid with the dealer in question.
    Tell them that you intend to call Roland with your serial number. Roland uses the serial numbers to track machines by dealer. Roland knows when it was shipped to the dealer. Roland can also tell you if it was a demonstration model.

It is perfectly ok for a dealer to sell you a demonstration model or rental, but there must be full disclosure to you the end user.

~E

6. premiercolour

premiercolour Sales and services from S. California

When machine prints, you expect dust will be on the moisturized area(when machine printers, ink come and goes, there is the moisturize). Just open up the control panel, if it is dusty and not clean, it's been used.

Reason is that I recently visited a new customer. He bought the roland sp540p for over one year(the warranty expired, we went to service), we opened up the control panel and it looks brand new. The location is in between busy cross streets in los angeles area. Door is always open. He only ran machine once. Just my .002.

7. kustom.printing

kustom.printing Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Well the company I am buying off seem genuine and very friendly helpful; will ring Roland once the printer is here just for peace of mind.

Thank you for your replies.

8. DiS

DiS New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Who you buying off shaunp505050 ? Be carefull I bought my machine off a UK company and was mislead..you could read some of this on this Roland section

DiS

9. kustom.printing

kustom.printing Member

Dec 19, 2008
    signmaster.co.uk Have you had any dealings with them ???

10. DiS

DiS New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    As PM reliable and good service to date, they have a good reputation in the trade..