• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland raising prices

CustomRide

I heard that Roland is raising prices in Feb. can anyone else chime in and let me know if their is truth to this? Also heard graphtec was going up in march as well. I just find it interesting cause Roland was pushing a special financing offer pretty hard.

Thanks guys

InkjetAuction

Prices going up...

Yep. Roland DGA is raising prices on equipment by 5% as of 2/1/2009. They are holding prices on ink... but actually lowering the prices of many of their Roland Certified Print Medias. Dealer discounts will also be negatively affected.

Graphtec America will be raising prices as of 3/1/2009. Not sure of the percentage yet. If you are thinking about a new cutter, then now's the time.

These price increases are obviously a result of the weakened dollar against the Yen... especially over the past year.

~E

Rustle

Yup. Thanks Fuji-san, for the kick in the teeth yet again. Roland just posted the new prices on their website last night. The XC-540 went from $29,995 USD to $31,495 USD. But am I crazy or did their new Versa UV LEC-300 drop in price??? I swear it was listed at almost $60,000??? and now it's down to $52,495 USD. Wonder if they're trying to get people to try out the new hardward?

InkjetAuction

LEC pricing

The LEC-300 was introduced at $49,995. An increase of 5% brings it to $52,495.

It's certainly an interesting machine. I wasn't a fan after going to the launch meeting... but I gained some interest after spending some time with one. I really wish that Roland would come out with a 54" version.

~E

jasonx

I bought a graphtec in November. I just bought one last week. 30% increase in price. Mind you I am downunder just goes to show how much the dollar causes prices to shift.

design unfolds

The price also gone up in UK. VP 540 from £11049 to now £12599 around 14% more. I was hoping they will lower the price as everyone is having a hard time now.

Checkers

From my experience, when the manufacturers start pushing their products and offering "deals", change is coming real soon - normally, right after you make your purchase. This time, it might be an act of desperation though.

Here in the USA, prices in general will be going up on nearly all products that are imported. This happens when the value of the American dollar falls in the international markets, meaning the American dollar can not buy as much in the global economy.

Checkers