• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland registration and other plotters

DizzyMarkus

Evening all,
I wondered if anyone could quote a few of the various brands that will read Roland registration marks? Besides a Roland :thumb:

I read somewhere Graphtec will and that the "el cheapo" vinyl express with opto will also.

Just checking around,
Thank you much,
Markus

FrankW

I have never heard about Plotters of foreign brands which reads Roland Markers. Altough it could be possible with plotters with laser pointers.

woolly

You print the marks that the plotter understand s the best. To my knowledge only a Roland reads Roland marks
Sometimes I print Roland and cut graphtec so print four corner marks

DizzyMarkus

I must have mis-spoke reguarding the "roland" registration marks -- I want to be able to print on a SP300v-- take it out and cut in another machine while the 300v prints again. I thought Graphtec(sp) could do that.

Thanks for the responses so far,
Markus

FrankW

I must have mis-spoke reguarding the "roland" registration marks -- I want to be able to print on a SP300v-- take it out and cut in another machine while the 300v prints again. I thought Graphtec(sp) could do that.

EVERY Plotter with contour cut ability can cut roland prints, Summa, Mimaki, Graphtec, Mutoh, all of them when being equipped to do so ...

The only thing is that you need to print the markers the chosen plotter can work with ... every manufacturer uses his own system.

Most RIP-Softwares can generate registration marks for several plotters, and generate the cutting files too. One exception of this rule is VersaWorks who supports roland plotters only. How this issue can be solved depends on what plotter you choose, Summa for example delivers plugins for illustrator and coreldraw to create markers in the files.

MrSalumi

Yeah any good plotter that can read marks will be able to do that. My tip is to generate the marks in the design program not the RIP.

FrankW

My tip is to generate the marks in the design program not the RIP.

My tip would be the opposite. For example creating multiple copies of a sign without modifying the original file is possible in the RIP only. Sometimes you do not have a choice, but if you have the choice let the RIP do the work.

DizzyMarkus

Thanks for the info folks -- going to do somemore research first :0)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Markus

LittleSnakey

If you use Flexi you can print the summa, graptec, etc marks on the roland printer then send the cut to a different plotter.

I'd look at a summa first.....been where your at

EVERY Plotter with contour cut ability can cut roland prints, Summa, Mimaki, Graphtec, Mutoh, all of them when being equipped to do so ...

The only thing is that you need to print the markers the chosen plotter can work with ... every manufacturer uses his own system.

Most RIP-Softwares can generate registration marks for several plotters, and generate the cutting files too. One exception of this rule is VersaWorks who supports roland plotters only. How this issue can be solved depends on what plotter you choose, Summa for example delivers plugins for illustrator and coreldraw to create markers in the files.