• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland RF-640 banding left side of machine

mr-blue

Today I replaced the dampers in my machine hoping that it would fix my issue with cyan banding on the left side of the machine.

Any ideas?
Hi Charlie, at the first picture we see a horizontal banding only. Now there is a vertical banding too, isnt it? Both have different Root cause!

Hi Charlie, at the first picture we see a horizontal banding only. Now there is a vertical banding too, isnt it? Both have different Root cause!

He's a different dude, dude. The first dude probably fixed his machine but doesn't care enough to update the post.

mr-blue

Thats correct, thank you.

The vertical banding I had and have too. Tech was many days here and called with other top-level-techs - even direct in Japan. The solution was: there ist no solution. I think, the belt that moves the printhead ist very thin an so interferences occur in dependence of special printhead-speeds. These interferences may be visible as vertical banding. Solution was to slow down the head.

The horizontal banding I can't solve. Any suggestions here? Would like change the dampers, but have no service manual. Anybody out there with an RF-640-Service-Manual oder can tell me how to do this?

stefan

Hello Stefan,
For vertical banding on a Roland, we suggest that you preform a feed calibration on the machine. It could also be caused by ink dropout so we suggest that you allow the head to run the full width of the machine.
As for the horizontal banding we have seen this cause by a dirty encode strip, You may need to clean that or replace the strip or sensor.
Thank you,
Roland Technical Support

hazartilirot

You should go into Service Mode of the printer, then go over each adjustment. Put the material you print and begin with:

1) BIAS test
2) Bi-direc. (Service mode/User Mode).... If I remember correctly there are four tests (two simple, two detailed)
3) Calibrate the feed.

you should adjust bi-direct and feed calibration for each material and store the settings in preset.

Service Manual
https://fex.net/210012694288

Don't forget to update the firmware to 2.10

Attachments

• service-mode-code.jpg
    service-mode-code.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 323

jimmmi

Hello I've seen this problem with vertical banding in a Seiko printer. The problem was from temperature and from the material itself. Maybe different situation but mentioning.

Witer

I have the same issue. Vertical banding on left and right side... service tech came and he changed feed adjustment from -0.8 to -0.4. The vertical banding was limited with cyjan but with black still is present. But in this case my prints are to long. For example if my picture is 50cm the print will be 51cm.
Have someone solve this vertical banding issue...

Witer

Hello Stefan,
For vertical banding on a Roland, we suggest that you preform a feed calibration on the machine. It could also be caused by ink dropout so we suggest that you allow the head to run the full width of the machine.
As for the horizontal banding we have seen this cause by a dirty encode strip, You may need to clean that or replace the strip or sensor.
Thank you,
Roland Technical Support
Dear Roland Tech Support
Could you be so kind and explain how feeding corection impacts vertical banding on Roland RF640. For horizontal is logic...
Thanks
K.