• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland RF 640 Nothing Printing

evie

I have a Roland RF-640, about 4 years old. I bought it new. Last night it was printing fine, this morning I come in, and no ink comes out. The head is moving, the vinyl is moving, not a drop of ink. I cleaned five times, and the test prints don't have a drop of ink. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Run a cleaning cycle and watch the waste tube. If no ink flows out of the tube, you have an ink flow issue. If ink flows out of the tube but the nozzle check still doesn't print, you have a blown head fuse.

evie

Run a cleaning cycle and watch the waste tube. If no ink flows out of the tube, you have an ink flow issue. If ink flows out of the tube but the nozzle check still doesn't print, you have a blown head fuse.
When I run the cleaning, a tiny amount of ink went in to the bottle once. I have run several other cleanings, without any ink moving.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would change the cap top if it hasn't been changed in over a year. Makes sure it's really clean and doesn't have any damage to it. While in there, flush the pump tubes to make sure they aren't clogged. Also make sure the bottom of the head doesn't have a bunch of build up on it. If it does clean it off with swabs and solvent avoiding the center where the nozzles are. If the tubes are clear and the cap top is new/clean, ink should be flowing during cleanings. If it still doesn't, there could be deeper issues.