• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland rf-640. replaced printhead, capping station, ribbon cables and dampers. now theres a clicking!

PandaPie

hi. so yesterday i replaced on my roland rf-640 the printhead, capping station, ribbon cables and dampers.
it was the end of my work day, so now i am back and when i went to print something. it looks like everything is GREAT.
except for now there is a clicking sound when when printing everytime the printhead returns to the capping station.
i spoke to a tech, and they advised me to remove the ground clip to see if that was catching and causing the clicking sound.
unfortunately that did not stop the clicking. he is out of ideas, and i have no idea what to do here.
any tips, tricks, advise?

Attachments

• gound.jpg
    gound.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 126

damonCA21

Check the main print cable, the long one that goes from the print carriage board along the top of the printer. Sometimes if these are disturbed they can stick up a bit and the plastic guide can click against the inside of the printer

Also turn the printer off with the head free and very slowly move it from the print area back to the capping station area and see if you can find out exactly what point it is clicking at, then you can investigate around that area to see if you can find the cause

blvdprintco

Where are you getting the replacement head from? We got our machine 2nd hand with no information. I need to do this too, and I've only been able to find eBay and digiptint supplies.

damonCA21

Where are you getting the replacement head from? We got our machine 2nd hand with no information. I need to do this too, and I've only been able to find eBay and digiptint supplies.
Avoid digiprint ! if there is any problem with the head they refuse to take them back or honour the warranty ! They also seem to supply quite a lot of faulty heads to people....
Also be careful of anywhere that seems very cheap as there are scam sites out there, and some of the chinese sellers seem to be selling used heads as new.

blvdprintco

Avoid digiprint ! if there is any problem with the head they refuse to take them back or honour the warranty ! They also seem to supply quite a lot of faulty heads to people....
Also be careful of anywhere that seems very cheap as there are scam sites out there, and some of the chinese sellers seem to be selling used heads as new.
Thank you. Honestly I don't even know where to buy this print head. If you have a recommendation please let me know.
I did find a couple of sketchy places that want "wire transfer". Not finding anything on Roland website either.

damonCA21

The wire transfer places are definitely a scam. There are a couple based in indonesia somewhere who claim to be in the USA, but they are complete scammers.
Which country are you in ? Ebay sellers are fine if they are a legitimate business selling parts, and as long as you pay through ebay with a card then you are protected