• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland RF640 - Lost Ink during printing

BunnyOne

Hello guys,

Sorry for my English i'm French :)

I had 4 Roland RF640 with bulk ink system + Bordeaux Ink PR4.

For many years i never had troubles. But there is few months i started to have troubles.

On my last 2 RF640 (2019) Test Print is ok and after few meters sometimes I Lost black, sometimes Yellow.

After a Medium cleaning the Colors are back.

I made some test on one machine. I can Damper, Captop, Assy Pump, Head, Bulk Ink. Same Problem after some days.

Do you have any advice ?

Thank you for your help !

BunnyOne

I used the same ink on my 4 printers, and i started to have this Problem on the two youngest (2019) and sometimes on the others but really recently.

Do you have any recommandations for another ink constructor ?

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
You checked the dampers and they have ink in them? Changed the dampers? Check the seals on your ink lines as well. Make sure no leaks anywhere in the system....ink pump to printheads. Check all the nuts that hold the ink lines in place. Our XC...assuming your system is similar or same... a while back had same issues. May need to syringe ink thru at the Printhead connection/damper.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Check the ink lines and fittings. something is loose somewhere and now allowing AIR to enter your system. You are losing flow/vacuum on your ink line. Cap the heads, syringe THRU the capping station line at the bottom until you get ink into the damper and keep and eye on it. You have to make sure all your ink line fittings are tight and secure again on your entire system

BunnyOne

Hello,

I pump with a Little syringe after the damper. As you can see on the first Picture, there is a air bubble in the damper, is that ok ?

I see air bubble in the tube, but after pumping with the syringe it seems ok but after 2 powerfull cleaning my nozzle check is not correct.

Any ideas ?

Attachments

• IMG_5952.jpg
    IMG_5952.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 273
  • IMG_5953.jpg
    IMG_5953.jpg
    900.4 KB · Views: 246

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Shouldn't have much or any air in the damper to my knowledge. Definitely no air in the ink lines.

BunnyOne

Yep i'm agree but I tried to pump this *** air bubble, never fix it. Do you think I have to change this damper ?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
There is almost always air in the top of the ink cavity in the dampers and it is OK. The important thing is the output from that cavity is completely covered with ink. I would check the cap, making sure it is clean and correctly aligned to the head. Is the new cap OEM or aftermarket? Captops are one of the parts that you should always use OEM, as aftermarket quality is all over the place and can drive you crazy.