Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions ROLAND RF640 MOTOR ERROR 0044 0004

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Mark83, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Mark83

Mark83 New Member

Jul 28, 2018
    Philippines
    hello anyone in here, newbie. I am hoping someone could help me with this problem for my Roland.

Tags:
  2. CL Visual

CL Visual Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Copiague, NY
    I'm not positive but I think that is the error when you run out of media. Like it tries to pull material and it can't.

3. Antony

Antony New Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Miami
    hi Mark
    this is what the manual says, but in all the errors it tells you what you should do.
    try all these steps.

Attached Files:

4. Mark83

Mark83 New Member

Jul 28, 2018
    Philippines
    hi,

yeah,it's the manual says. any idea of how to solve this? is there a parts that need to be replace to fix it?

5. Mark83

Mark83 New Member

Jul 28, 2018
    Philippines
    hi Anthony,

thank you for your response.
    Im confused what really need to do. when I turned On the machine, the head carriage will not move even a bit and when I shut the sub power after a few seconds it will automatically turn On and another error occurred which is SCAN MOTOR ERROR 0040 0040. I dont know what to do next. I tried limit initialization but I will just delays the instruction dor a while and then the error pops up again.

I dont have a service manual here, that could be also a helpful reference.it's been almost 2 weeks now the machine shut down. in my place I find hard to get a accredited technician theyre too far and it also depends on thier availability.

6. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    Turn off the power.Take off the cover on the side with the readout, push the carriageslightly to the right and it will unlatch so you can move it to the left [printbed side]. Make sure the wiper mech is correctly lined up [there is an arm that goes between two sensors ]. Then try turning the power on and it will re-home. Good luck.

7. Mark83

Mark83 New Member

Jul 28, 2018
    Philippines
    hi Gene, thank you your response. what do you mean that there is an arm that goes between two sensors? you mean on he wiper side or underneath the printhead carriage?

8. Mark83

Mark83 New Member

Jul 28, 2018
    Philippines
    there are many different errors occurred,sometimes 0004 0004, 0008 0008,,, is it possible that the carriage board is the defective one?

9. Mark83

Mark83 New Member

Jul 28, 2018
    Philippines
    Do you have any update on this guys? my machine still not running. its been 2weeks now.huhu. print carriage does not move when I turn it on. and error is popping up.