• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Rs-64, Printing Wavy Vertical Lines For Cyan.

joey447

First time posting , i've had this printer for a few years now, i just notice that some cyan ink is crossing to other colors, i went into service mode and printed the test patterns and this is what i see , hope someone knows what might be the problem, just one note, print head is about 4 months old, i also changed the dampers and caps to new ones

Attachments

• 20170407_145352.jpg
    20170407_145352.jpg
    909.9 KB · Views: 485
  • 20170407_145404.jpg
    20170407_145404.jpg
    973.6 KB · Views: 576
  • 20170407_145352.jpg
    20170407_145352.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 422

DJr

First time posting , i've had this printer for a few years now, i just notice that some cyan ink is crossing to other colors, i went into service mode and printed the test patterns and this is what i see , hope someone knows what might be the problem, just one note, print head is about 4 months old, i also changed the dampers and caps to new ones

Hey joey447,

Based on the photos provided, there are a few possible causes for this issue, here are a few considerations (a few of them you've already addressed, but we wanted to list them anyway):

Foreign substance on the surface of the head
Wipers and wiper scraper are needing replacement
Cap top is out of position and needs to be adjusted
Cap top is deformed and it's time for replacement (usually every 6 months, regardless of volume of printing)
Head damper needs replacement
The head is damaged or has reached the end of life

We hope this ideas help in some way, but if the issue continues or you just need more help, please call your authorized Roland dealer to have the printer inspected and repaired.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn