• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland RS-640, M & Y print head does not fire

DA.Low

hi:Welcome:

This problem just occurred over night and when i came the next day to work the Magenta and Yellow print head (PH) doesn't fire at all.
- replaced data PH cables,
- replaced the PH(M & Y),

Then i found out that it was the fuse (faulty) replaced it and still dont work, tested the fuse again and it was blown(faulty) again.
Replaced all data PH cables and both fuses and still have the same problem, i lost about 6 fuses.:frustrated::banghead:

need help... any comments will be appreciated.

Ragnabrok

are those the cables from the heads to the carriage board, or the carriage board leading back to the main board? if something is frying the fuse, its good to replace both sets of cables. make sure the cables are seated all the way in and straight. also make sure nothing conductive is on the top of the head, i nuked a fuse once by accidentally touching the top of the head.

DA.Low

I done a continuity test on the data cable that leads from the carriage to the main PCA board and seems to be fine, OK.
I checked the PH data cables and they are all good.:banghead:

4R Graphics

I know nothing about your printer but I do know electronics. Try swaping the cables from the head at the board level just plug them into another heads location and the other heads cables in to the head in questions slot if the original fuse that has blown blows out again then it is not the head but in the board somewhere if the fuse on the good head slot (that you pluged the head in question into) blows then it is the head blowing the fuse time for a new head.

CS-SignSupply

Are you removing all power from the system before touching the PH cables? Unplug the machine.

As cheap as they are, buy new printhead cables and a new fuse.

POWER OFF and UNPLUG!

macmedia

We repair Roland and Mimaki boards (at least 3-5 a week).

If your fuse keeps on tripping, then it's one of these problems:
the printhead is electrically bad (if so, it has to be replaced - can't be fixed)
the transistors/resistors on the board need replacing

As CiberSupply mentioned, anytime you touch a cable inside the printer, you MUST remove the power cord from the printer. Even with the power off (and power cable connected), there is power running to the main board.

Kent
Mac Media USA, Inc.
www.macmedia.com

DA.Low

Yep i have removed the power cable and made shore that there is no power, and installed 2 new print heads and data print head cables (which runs from the print head to the carriage).
still no luck :(

DA.Low

I replace all print head data cables, replaced both fuses ,and installed NEW print heads(x2). Made shore that the power cord was removed from the printer and no power was running through the main board.
now its giving me an error message " service call 0101"