• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland RS-640----- Now Processing

cybernalin

Please moved this thread to correct section if post it in wrong section
i'm having problem with my rs-640... The problem is when i send the Print from pc rs-640 shows Busy light Then Now Processing and nothing Happens...(Roland Versa works shows printer Status Without any kind problem)
What i tried was Tried with Another pc Network Card (Not working), Reinstall the versa works (Not working), Changed the cross over cable (Not working), Changed the ip on Rs-640 (Not working) Maintenance cleaning and test print working
i contact the seller and he told me it could be Mai
n Board problem... it's happens after 2 Days off duty
Kindly help me........
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Attachments

• header.jpg
    header.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 456

nhuminh

Can you Verify your printer in Printer Setting?
let Ping the IP of the printer in CMD, if not respond the mailboard is problem. VS-640 and RS-640 Network card is intergated in mainboard. I have one VS-640 network problem, after replace Mainboard it working fine.
Some of Roland VS, RS have this problem from manufacture

cybernalin

Thanks for the Reply.... Now rs 640 is work fine what i did was unplugged the all cables and checked after 2days and now it's work fine....
:rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll:
My pc is also connected to ADSL line so there is lightening in last few days(Dealer already asked from me about lightning) now i'm unplugged every cable Before i turn off the pc's... i think it will be important to other users...

Adam24

Hi,
I am having a similar issue with my RE-640 driving my insane, Sometimes prints sometimes doesn't
I can run one full job off and then the second job will stop half way or whenever it feels like. Have to restart the printer for it to work so I only get a job off at a time before restarting the printer.
Checked all cables etc changed them all still have this issue :(

Pitzu

I don't know if this will help but you could try it (for all Windows versions):
Stop Network Adapter From Getting Disabled In Windows 7

Green ethernet, Green LAN, Energy Efficient Ethernet could cause a problem too, so you can try to disable them.

Check if you have something similar in computer's BIOS settings, that might turn off your network card to save power.

Also, make sure you have disabled power management options like Sleep, Hibernate, etc.

Try another RIP software and see if the problem is fixed. If you don't have one, there's also a possibility to make one month subscription to Flexi, for testing.

Last edited:

Adam24

I don't know if this will help but you could try it (for all Windows versions):
Stop Network Adapter From Getting Disabled In Windows 7

Green ethernet, Green LAN, Energy Efficient Ethernet could cause a problem too, so you can try to disable them.

Check if you have something similar in computer's BIOS settings, that might turn off your network card to save power.

Also, make sure you have disabled power management options like Sleep, Hibernate, etc.

Try another RIP software and see if the problem is fixed. If you don't have one, there's also a possibility to make one month subscription to Flexi, for testing.

Thanks for the reply I have checked this still doesn't work also installed it on our other computer where we run the rip for only our xc-540 which runs perfectly wired it up etc to that rip still the same issue :( I get an internal error message googled it doesn't seem like anyone has got that message before as not much comes up regarding it at all very confused :(

Riethian

I had a similar issue with VP300. The problem is ethernet connection chip on the board. You need to find a tech guy who can repair the board and replace a new Realtek ethernet chip. It costs around 200-300 USD.

Adam24

I had a similar issue with VP300. The problem is ethernet connection chip on the board. You need to find a tech guy who can repair the board and replace a new Realtek ethernet chip. It costs around 200-300 USD.
Hi perfect will do just want to make sure we got the same issues.. For some reason after a restart I can run a full job off and then the 2nd job will stop halfway or 1/4 of the way (when it feels like it) I have to power it down (get the internal error warning) and then power it back up and then close versaworks and re-open it and can print another.. So it semi prints at the minute wasting a lot of material and ink :(