• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland RS 640 v/s Océ CS9160 (Valuejet 1064) Help

halim

Hello and happy holidays!
Need your help asap please.
If you had to choose between Roland RS 640 and Océ CS9160 (Valuejet 1064).
What is the diference between a single printhead of Océ and 4 printheads for the RS 640?
What about Speed, Print Quality, lifetime and price of printheads?
I would like to know if you have one of these units what are the pros and cons, what do you love and what do you wish you could change? Any help would be great.
:thankyou:

jwright350

1604 is a great machine... the print head difference is no big deal. Other than its cheaper to replace 1 of the heads in the roland than the one BIG head in the 1604. I have the larger 2606 which uses 6 heads... I have 2 bad head right now that are $1000 each to replace. I wish I was just replacing 1 head that costs $1200. (or whatever the going rate is)

Both machines are going to have nearly identical output quality if printing from the same RIP. your VJ1604 is probably going to come with Onyx Postershop...which is very limited in what it can do. Out of the box though you'll find the profiles to be excellent.

The 1604 has a steel pre heater...so you can't print magnetized stock. Not sure about the roland. This is a big deal for us, so we have an old mutoh 42" that we print our magnets on.

Even though I own 3 Mutohs...I think you'll find that Roland's support is better. I think they definitely make a setup that caters to entry level shops.

In general I find that Epson/Roland/Mutoh/Mimaki to all be about the same on the current models. Support is where its at.

Oh yea, Oce will work on that price. DON'T PAY STICKER PRICE.